All Topics / Help Needed! / Good areas in Toowomba

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of MACQMACQ
    @macq

Hi,

I am looking to invest in Toowomba, can anyone local recommend me good suburbs in Toowomba that are tenant friendly. I leave in NSW so don’t know much about the place

Thanks

Profile photo of LynFLynF
    Participant
    @lynf

Hi MacQ,
    I live in Toowoomba and would be happy to give you some info on suburbs, etc for Toowoomba.
    Depending on what you are looking for will determine what info i can give you.
    Is it a house or unit you are looking for? Price range and budget? What type of tenant you are looking for….
    Toowoomba is a regional town with a population smaller than some of the suburbs in Sydney so although suburb location and proximity to CBD is important it does not have the same impact as in the capital cities.

Cheers,
    Lyn

Profile photo of MACQMACQ
    @macq

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for your help. I am looking for house primarily 3 or 4 bedroom as I think that would be the best type of property for rent. Please let me know if my research is incorrect. In terms of price range I would go between 250 to 350 properties, type of tenant I would not mind any one except housing commission tenants but would prefer working professionals or families.

Thanks

MACQ

Profile photo of Shiny_Suit_ManShiny_Suit_Man
    Participant
    @shiny_suit_man

I have a friend who live in toowoomba and he said there is a new development going in out near the university which is something im interested in looking into. I too have been thinking about toowoomba and will be keen too read some ideas and knowledge from others.

Profile photo of PISTOREPISTORE
    @pistore

Dalby and Chinchilla are good areas outside of Toowoomba. Some amazing things happening out that way. $14Billion being spent on Infrastructure and Government spending.

Profile photo of Shiny_Suit_ManShiny_Suit_Man
    Participant
    @shiny_suit_man

Dalby was another area i have been looking at. Chinchilla has really had its boom, so if your after CG i wouldn’t bother, however rent is still good there if you get a house for the right price.

Profile photo of PISTOREPISTORE
    @pistore

Chinchilla has growth still left. Once the projects start up out that way there will be plenty of growth.
    Dalby still has a bit of a stigma about it after the floods (read Bank valuers are guarding their own backsides) great area out that way, and plenty of potential.

@macq

Can any locals provide any idea?

Profile photo of Yuppy Hippy 101Yuppy Hippy 101
    @yuppy-hippy-101

Hi MACQ

I live in Toowoomba, originally from Gold Coast.  I've done a small development, renovated, etc.

Quality suburbs – Rangeville, East Toowoomba, Areas of Centenary Heights and South Toowoomba (East of Ruthven St) 

This is the area that I look in.  Older style houses do have some asbestos but usually just wet areas. (not sure if this is a concern for you)

Steer clear of Harlaxton, bad area. 

Best schools – Grammar (private boys) Fairholme & Glennie (private girls)

Private hospital – St Vincents.  Public hospital – Toowoomba base hospital

There are areas in Newtown that are good, if you  see an advertisement that says "tree lined street"they are usually one of the better streets but please don't buy just because of the trees! (-:  Alot of older style houses (asbestos throughout house)

Glenvale has alot of new development going on but depending on where you are it could be a good 15-20min drive into town.  People don't like driving far here, more than 10min is far!

Toowoomba is very family orientated and is the birth capital of QLD!  It's not unusual for families to have 4 children.  There are alot of beautiful parks, best park is Queens Park and is located Rangeville/East Toowoomba area.

I know two good Agents if you would like me to PM you. (no, not me)

Hope this is some help, good luck.

bfree2live

@yuppy-hippy-101

Hi MACQ

I live in Toowoomba, originally from Gold Coast.  I've done a small development, renovated, etc.

Quality suburbs – Rangeville, East Toowoomba, Areas of Centenary Heights and South Toowoomba (East of Ruthven St)  This is the area that I look in.  Older style houses do have some asbestos but usually just wet areas. (not sure if this is a concern for you)

There are areas in Newtown that are good, if you  see an advertisement that says "tree lined street"they are usually one of the better streets but please don't buy just because of the trees! (-:  Alot of older style houses (asbestos throughout house)

Glenvale has alot of new development going on but depending on where you are it could be a good 15-20min drive into town.  People don't like driving far here, more than 10min is far!

Toowoomba is very family orientated and is the birth capital of QLD!  It's not unusual for families to have 4 children.  There are alot of beautiful parks, best park is Queens Park and is located Rangeville/East Toowoomba area.

bfree2live

@yuppy-hippy-101

BTW, I know somebody who works at the biggest accommodation complex for international students near the uni and it goes in cycles.  Alot of vacancy at certain times of the year (holidays, etc) 

Profile photo of wendywoowendywoo
    @wendywoo

I know two good Agents if you would like me to PM you.

bfree2live[/quote]

Can you Pm me about the agents please? Thanks

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

thanks b2free2live for the great info about toowoomba

@yuppy-hippy-101

Sorry, havn't been on this site for a while and can't remember how to PM somebody.  Can somebody help me?

Profile photo of FreedomThruPropertyFreedomThruProperty
    @freedomthruproperty

I recently compiled some general research on the Toowoomba market if anyone is interested – http://freedomthroughproperty.com/?p=11

@macq
    b.free2live wrote:
    Hi MACQ

Quality suburbs – Rangeville, East Toowoomba, Areas of Centenary Heights and South Toowoomba (East of Ruthven St)  This is the area that I look in.  Older style houses do have some asbestos but usually just wet areas. (not sure if this is a concern for you)

bfree2live

Thanks for the good info, I am not sure how to PM either but if you can post on the forum that will be great. if that is not allowed then I will try and find the PM details

@yuppy-hippy-101

Hi MACQ

If it was my name I would post, hopefully somebody will tell me how to PM?

@macq

Hi,

Sending PM is simple you can click on my name in the post and click on send private message.

Thanks

MACQ

Profile photo of NHGNHG
    @nhg
    b.free2live wrote:
    Hi MACQ

If it was my name I would post, hopefully somebody will tell me how to PM?

Click on the persons name eg. where it says b.free2live [41 posts] right above your comment.
    Takes you to members profile, should then show in bold SEND PRIVATE MESSAGE.

If you don't see that, then you have to activate it, and that my friend, I do not know, I guess check your settings.

@yuppy-hippy-101

Wendywoo

Sent you PM, if you didn't receive I must of done something wrong.  If you didn't receive PM me and I will reply.

bfree2live

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.