All Topics / Help Needed! / Granny flat in Perth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of CazziePCazzieP
    Participant
    @cazziep

I've heard rumours but can't find any real news by googling. I started planning a GF in 2009 but back then council (Cockburn) would not allow it for a non family member. If the change is coming I want to be ready as there could be a rush on builders.

Help needed to make some decisions. To put in granny flat or subdivide our PPOR. I don't want to waste $$ putting on a granny flat then demolishing it in a few years.

We are currently zoned R20 and our block is 950sqm – just short of the 1000 required for dual occupancy. The size requirements could be negotiated allowing us to subdivide BUT the double brick and tile house is almost  smack in the middle of the block.

The block could be divided by relocating the double carport from the side to the front.

I've had some recent quotes on a two bedroom granny flat at around 100k.

No idea yet about costs of sub-dividing.

Purpose is to use large block to best advantage to reduce mortgage or gain extra income.

Who should we talk to? Is it ok to post a link to the property on Intramaps?

Thank you

Caz

rohan22no
    Participant
    @rohan22no

Just curious…How do you have to prove that the GF is for a family member? Surely it wouldnt be that hard to source a letter from your long lost aunt saying she intends to live in the GF your building?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.