All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for vendor finance

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of ssusanhssusanh
    @ssusanh

I would like to get back into my own home after a disasterous relationship where I lost everything.  Unfortunately I don't meet traditional requirements.  I have a great secure government job with a steady income, but very little else.  I'm looking to vendor finance a cottage in the Blue Mountains.  Where do I start?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

If you post some further details you might find the odd investor from the forum register some interest.

How much deposit do you have and what sort of purchase price are you looking at ?

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ssusanhssusanh
    @ssusanh

Thank you for the glimmer of hope.  Looking at $350K.  Only about $6K deposit, slowing growing ….

Participant
    @qlds007

I hate to say i dont think you will any chance with only $6000 deposit as the investors Stamp Duty will more than that.

Your own costs (based on the fact that you dont qualify for the FHOG) will also be more than $6K.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of tmrtmr
    @tmr
    ssusanh wrote:
     I would like to get back into my own home after a disasterous relationship where I lost everything.  Unfortunately I don't meet traditional requirements.  I have a great secure government job with a steady income, but very little else.  I'm looking to vendor finance a cottage in the Blue Mountains.  Where do I start?

Hi,

Really, Don’t listen to the Naysayers!!

Explore every creative avenue you can to get what you want!!

I bought a house in 2005, for $456 000, with one of the big 4 banks, with just 3 months in employment, $5000 cash, borrowed $15 000 from my sister, my sister was “buying” (only on paper) the house with me, so now two salaries for servicing not just one, it was “investment / rental” property so now the rent also went to servicing the loan, and one day before settlement knowing before hand I would be short of cash to get over the line, I maxed out 5 credit cards (for the purpose of the loan a stat dec to the bank saying I was happy to cancel all cards if required, meant I could keep them, and not affect my borrowing capacity) to the tune of $37 000, and handed over the cash to the bank for final settlement.

Caution!!!

All of this was WELL though through before hand! It was VERY difficult for the first 18 months, VERY, but I was able to refinance, “buy” my sister’s share of the house, and put the credit cards on the home loan.

Now 7 years later, that property returns over $50 k a year, bought another property 3 years ago, and am trying to find a creative solution for a demo and rebuild project I want to do on the house!

Good luck with your dream, and Beware the Naysayers!! : )

Get Creative!!

Cheers

Mark

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape
    tmr wrote:
    ssusanh wrote:

and one day before settlement knowing before hand I would be short of cash to get over the line, I maxed out 5 credit cards (for the purpose of the loan a stat dec to the bank saying I was happy to cancel all cards if required, meant I could keep them, and not affect my borrowing capacity) to the tune of $37 000, and handed over the cash to the bank for final settlement.

Just wanted to give readers a heads up, in case ppl reading plan on using this strategy ( if you could call it a strategy )
    it worked for Mark which is all good! …more then 5 years ago…but in this day and age this def won’t work now! and you would risk losing your deposit if you plan on using this ” lucky strategy” :)

Be creative, but play it safe.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Participant
    @qlds007

Mark

Being a Naysayer and being realistic in the current climate is another matter.

Stamp Duty on a purchase for a $350K property are over $13,000. LMI is another $10,500 + S/D.

There is only 2 lenders i am aware who doesnt require of that dont require 5% genuine savings although still require to sight the 5% without being borrowed and that is another $17,500.

There is a mile of difference to the lending climate in 2012 and 2005 with Credit scoring being used by the majority of lenders and auto declined deals not re-assessed by many.

Trust me as some with a reasonable sized portfolio ($18M +) and more than a bit of experience in Vendor Financing i wish ssusanh every success however you also have to be realistic. Since the inception of NCCP anyone providing Vendor Finance needs to hold a Credit License so many of the mums and dads who did the odd one or two and have disappeared due to the ongoing compliance requirements.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of tmrtmr
    @tmr

Hi All,

Ssusanh if you really want this to happen, be cautious, as I said, and be creative!

And I would have to say I have always found it better to “tell” the banks “what they want to hear”.

Cheers and Good luck!

Mark

Participant
    @qlds007

Sorry hate to disagree again but failure to disclose is considered mortgage fraud.

Rather than tell them "what the want to hear" you "tell them the truth" on your application.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi ssusanh

In relation to the discussion above, I'd suggest you stick with Richard and "tell the truth".

However in relation as to where to start looking for a properties that are available with vendor finance (VF), here are a few suggestions:
    http://www.renttoownhome.com.au
    http://www.vendorfinancedirectory.com.au
    http://www.gumtree.com.au

A few VF listings are now creeping onto realestate.com.au and Domain so, they too, may be worth a look.  May I also suggest that you do some research about buying with VF.  Some suggested places to start are:
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/strategies/wraps
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/strategies/lease-options
    http://negative2positive.com.au/information/about-vendor-finance
    http://www.vendorfinancelawyer.com.au/vendor_finance_intro.htm

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

@ssusanh

Wow …  to Richard, Mark, Michael and Paul I say thanks, this has been a useful and interesting trail of comments.  It is my intention to be honest, AND to make this journey a successful one.  I have no family to borrow from either, but I can lay my hands on another $5K, plus I do have about $50K in superannuation.  Maybe something creative can be done here?  Anyway, at the moment I'm browsing through the links provided by Paul.

Participant
    @qlds007

ssusanh hate to say you cannot withdraw your Super and use it as deposit even under the hardship rules.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of tmrtmr
    @tmr

Hi Ssusanh,

I would have to say If I had listened to everyone saying no, I would have no properties now.

To purchase the first house took over 4 months, and 5 different Mortgage Brokers.

So, even with all the above objections, by being creative, thinking outside the box, pushing things when needed I have two properties most everyone one else said were not possible to get.

I have defrauded no one, defaulted on no loans, never missed a repayment, harmed no one, and provided a place for people to live who otherwise have nowhere to go.

As I said be cautious, exhaust every possibility, and try not to be put off by the negatives which seem to abound.

It was some time ago, chase it up, but I believe if you are leaving / “leaving” Australia, to live overseas, you could claim your super back.

Best of luck.

Mark

Participant
    @qlds007

No you cannot claim your Super back but you can roll it over to an approved fund in the Country you are moving to.

Moving to the Blue Mountains i hate to say doesnt count.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of Giggleguts22Giggleguts22
    Participant
    @giggleguts22

In light of the fact the world has ended up in the state it has with giving only half information…. full disclosure and following sound advice would be the way to go for your long term financial freedom.

Bec

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

The creative solution will not be how you can LIE to the mortgage broker .. but how you can best present your current situation OR alter your current situation to fit the right criteria.

I state this post after post .. the banks and the mortgage brokers look for gross income .. equity and rental income to make their decisions. If you cant fulfil any specific one of these directly .. find a way to improve your position so that any one of these three variables looks better on your next application.

You got a bad credit on your record? Clean it up and build a deposit ! You have the need to work outside the boundaries of those three requirements ? DO SO , but bring it back to the ability to meet these requirements .. sooner rather than later.

Time is your enemy, Innovation is your friend. And despite what people will tell you .. the banks are neutral in this regard. Neither friend nor enemy .. just providers of the means to get you where you want to go.

@ssusanh

Thanks Mark for your "can do" attitude – it makes me feel optimistic.
    Thanks Xdrew for words of wisdom – I have a good income and a good credit rating so I feel optimistic.
    Thanks to all contributors – I'm now formulating a plan.
    I wish my plan could be so successful that in time I could offer help and hope to others who find themselves in situations like mine.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

try to get "rent to buy", lease options or a deposit financing option. Also try to check out realestate.com.au and other real estate websites and even ask the seller whether they offer creative selling

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.