All Topics / Help Needed! / Our 1st investment property!!!!Advice on where to start looking

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of newbiebeginnernewbiebeginner
    @newbiebeginner

Hi all
    This is going to be our 1st investment house
    I just need to know how to start researching the best capital growth areas. Is there any particular sites that anyone can recommend I start with? I live in Brisbane.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi newbie

Here's a heap of websites that will help you get started – http://passgo.com.au/property-data-websites.html

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Residex has some great reports.

Engelo

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of Brian PobjeBrian Pobje
    Participant
    @brian-pobje

have a look at nexthotspot.com.au they have some great information on there.

Profile photo of stacey andersonstacey anderson
    @stacey-anderson

Hi There,

Congrats on taking the first step to creating your investment portfolio. If you go to PRD Nationwide Research you can look at all areas and obtain free research data. That way you can look at the growth for the area, industries and infastructure, demographics and rental market returns. Maybe you could start with realestate.com.au andjust look at the different areas for sale and rental values and then fine tune it from there. I guess it really comes down to how much you want to invest as that will determine the area you invest in. <moderator: delete advertising>
    Cheers,
    Stacey

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Hi Stacey,

I tried to contact you by email, however, your email was shown on your profile.

if you don't mind what's your email address ? I would like to know more about Orange and the suburb in Orange

Thank you
    Taylor

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Hey, congratulations on your first (potential) investment.  Melbourne I find is a pretty safe bet. Just look at the eastern suburbs. If your rich (like 1-2mill? I’d suggest looking somewhere along Kew.

http://discover.realestate.com.au/buying/news/buying-news-where-to-make-the-most-money-in-3-5-years

Here’s an article on hotspot places though (hopefully this will help you). Good luck!

Profile photo of PISTOREPISTORE
    @pistore

Really depends what your ultimate goal is. Don’t get me wrong, capital growth is great to look for, but you need to be able to cash flow your purchase to get the growth, so cash flow is very important too”
    Plenty of those numbers look good historically, they aren’t crystal balls, and really you need to be looking for areas that have the 3 key factors.
    Infrastructure, government spending and population growth. These are the 3 key factors that drive growth and in the righ areas we have seen amazing income also, so you can cash flow the property comfortably enough to be able to hold onto it long enough to make the growth.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.