All Topics / Help Needed! / how to find owner of land/vacant house

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of couttscoutts
    Participant
    @coutts

hey all,

i have a idea which requires me to have vacant block of land in a urban area, i have found a block in sydney, but i have very little idea of how to locate the owner of the block.

any ideas how to locate owners?

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

some tips could be: ask the neighbours, or if there is a vacant house or a mailbox, then write a letter and leave it in the mailbox or slide it under the front door

Profile photo of christianbchristianb
    Participant
    @christianb

Undertake a title search. In Victoria they cost $25, not sure of the specifics in the Emerald City.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

RPdata may have it.

Ask someone with access- me, broker, RE agent.

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Contact the local council and they may be able to provide you with a postal address of the owner.

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Christian beat me to it- Title Search will show who the current owner is. Members of the public can access this information here: https://www.landata.vic.gov.au/tpc/tpc_menu.aspx

I pay about $12.50 through the Association of Consulting Surveyors Victoria (ACSV) for titles, so can get it a bit cheaper if you needed.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

use http://www.pricefinder.com.au they have free 3 day trial which will allow you to down load this contact information.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.