Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Hey guys,

Probably a simple question but have a apartment in the Western Surburbs in Perth.
    Have heard of friends renting their places out to minining companies with 2 year leases.

Any advice on who to seek for this besides the normal property companies who I normally get to lease my place out?

Cheers

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Find out how your friends got their properties tenanted and follow that trail.

Some companies have preferred agents in selected localities.

I suspect the bigger companies prefer to work with agents as they like a 'professional'  in the middle between them and the landlord.

Profile photo of Kristin Simondson PBREKristin Simondson PBRE
    @kristin-simondson-pbre

Agree with Derek's post, the best way to find out is ask your friends how they did it. If they have an agent, contact the agent to find out  whether they have a connection with a mining company. Be sure to ask if they can prove this though with a contact's name, don't just take their word for it!

I may sound biased as I am a property manager myself, but having a real estate agent managing your investment is a must.

At a Residential Tenancies Tribunal hearing we assisted a landlord who had a self managed property that had become a mess, the member hearing the case said  "Not having an agent manage your property is like driving a car without a license. You don't know the laws well enough and you won't realise it until someone gets hurt."

Profile photo of baconbacon
    Participant
    @bacon

Thanks heaps for the advice all. I had a property manager last time I rented the place out and am going to further investigate this and see what I can do!

Cheers all

Profile photo of Kent CliffeKent Cliffe
    Participant
    @kent-cliffe

Hey Bacon,

We have a PM arm to our business and I can give you some info on the corporate leases:
    – They tend to like fully furnished properties that are kept to a good standard. That means linen replaced frequently, repairs be tended to fast, furniture is of a good standard etc.
    – The apartments are better centrally located, but anything in the Golden Triangle should be alright. However, it is better if it is a new complex.
    – A lot of these companies go through relocation agents, so it is important to find an agent which has a good network of  relocators.
    – Wear and tear could be more on the property, as there are people moving in and out of it on a more frequent basis.

However you have to ask yourself, what is the advantage of this? Also, be sure to check the lease or agreement to know your rights and their rights. I have heard of contracts with fixed lease reviews that aren't market adjusted. This could be alright now, but what about next year if the market is as buoyant as it is now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.