All Topics / Help Needed! / Do strata titled properties have to have a body corporate?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Solomon10Solomon10
    Participant
    @solomon10

For those in the know, if i purchased a block of seven attached one bedroom units on one title and intended to strata title them and sell off individually, would i have to create a body corporate for the future owners?

Also, what would a ballpark figure of costs involved in strata titling the block in Victoria?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

If there are more than two 'units' there must be a body corporate.  I believe this is the case Australian wide.

Sorry can't help you with the costs involved of setting one up.

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

Yes you will need strata before you can change the title from DP to SP or community title etc…

Cost- depends on what your unit has already…my parents applied for strata title on their block of 8 back in 2001 that was located in Cabramatta…costed them $150,000 as they had to get fire doors replaced in each unit, new drainage , lots of plumbing work, had to add carports ( 1 per unit), a in built laundry for each unit ( cupboard laundry).

So it depends on your council’s requirement and what your unit’s current attributes.

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.