All Topics / Help Needed! / Sydney’s second airport

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of thorpef1thorpef1
    @thorpef1

Hi guys.

Observer of the forum for a while now but first time poster.

Anyway, my name is Luke, 24 and been looking at purchasing my first IP for a while now.
    I live in the Macarthur region in SW Sydney and recently there has been a bit of new about a second Sydney Airport with a potential site being proposed at Wilton:
    http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/wilton-on-agenda-as-sydneys-second-airport-despite-ofarrell-objection-20120508-1y9u4.html

As Macarthur is rapidly growing (plenty of new housing projects and infrastructure) and with the potential addition of this second airport, would this make Macarthur an ideal place to purchase a first IP?

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

I think more important question is what your goal is, what kind of return are you expecting from your IP,

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of thorpef1thorpef1
    @thorpef1

Hi scha9799.

I guess at the moment my goal is to build equity so i can use that equity in the future for more IP’s or a PPOR.
    I would really prefer a positive or neutral cash flow IP to start with so i can accumulate as much cash as possible for deposits to other IP’s

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I thought Sydney's second airport was going to be in my backyard ;-)

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Very good on that you have a goal.

so do you prepare to have a bit of "hand on" experience on you first IP or "hand off" ? what I mean is do you want to purchase a straight cashflow positive or neutral property "off the shelf" or do some reno such as do some painting, change the kitchen/bathroom, put one more dewelling like granny flat the back yard then turn to positive cash flow or neutral property ?

Macarthur region in SW Sydney is a good area to start but if you want to purchase some positive/neutral property straight off the shelf you may need to find a bit harder. but if you want to do some reno or put a granny flat it is much easier in term of the area there are many old houses with big land component its suitable for second dewellling. ( again you need to do some due diligence to find out the pocket of the are suitable for this stragety)

infrastructure coming in to the area definitely is a positive to the area, but how long will it takes to translate to captial growth is a question mark .

I hope this will help

good luck : )

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

They been speaking abt a 2nd airport for YEARS now!!! nothing new…+ i doubt they have the money to build it ..just look at what happened to the epping to Parra train line??? say they will build it to boost their votes in North west- once they get in ” sorry no funding for the budget…”

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

I bet my back teeth my bones’ill be dust before they build another airport. Not too worry. We’ll be out of oil by then and flying around in Zepplins ;)

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Good one Freckle, gas bagging. can’t wait for peak hour.
    lol
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.