All Topics / Value Adding / Looking for renovation checklist

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of janecavjanecav
    Participant
    @janecav

Hello,

I am planning to do a cosmetic renovation on my (investment) studio apartment in Sydney.

I am wondering if anyone on this forum knows of a magazine or book or website which has some sort of checklist about the practical sides of things. Like strata approval, what sorts of insurance cover what (builders, building, public liability, landlords etc etc), does council need to be involved, any other legal or practical things.

I'm using an interior designer and a builder so don't need to know how to install things in detail, just the organising side.

Thank you everyone! I'm hoping someone knows of something.

JC

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

An interior designer and builder for a studio reno? sounds like a bit of overkill for one room.

What were you thinking of doing? Bathroom? stip out or tidy? New kitchen? moving walls? flooring? That will determine who you need to contact re council, strata.

Strata covers building insurance (including public liability in common areas). Landlord insurance is a good idea if you are going to rent it out (that covers public liability in the unit). The builder should have his/her own insurance (check).

Profile photo of janecavjanecav
    Participant
    @janecav

Thanks Catalyst,

I've pretty much found what I was looking for. In case it helps anyone else out:

The website yourhome.gov.au has some very good (unbiased) tips re renovating (and building).
    Also, the Fair Trading website (for your state) has great information on the different insurances that are required.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.