All Topics / Help Needed! / Clayton or Springvale VIC investment?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jasedc5rjasedc5r
    Participant
    @jasedc5r

Hi All,

Currently looking at purchasing another IP in the area of Clayton or Springvale. Was hoping to grab a few feedbacks on what people’s views were on these 2 suburbs.

Based on my research, Clayton house prices are slightly higher and as well as the rental rates. With Monash University been located in Clayton, would be great attraction for uni students for potential tenants. Easy access to public transport.

On the other hand there’s Springvale which is located nearby. House prices are quite affordable, giving the opportunity to grow at lot more. Also easy access to public transport as well.

Any input of others views would be much appreciated!

Thanks Guys!

Profile photo of kat13kat13
    Participant
    @kat13

I’m in Mulgrave, kinda right in between those two suburbs. I think Springvale would be ok, much more affordable but I’d make sure there’s public transport around, Clayton seems to have better transport systems in place. Either one though I think you can’t really go wrong, there’s plans to develop more transport systems within Mulgrave/Rowville areas which would be great for surrounding areas.

I know there’s heaps of places in Springvale with 5+ rooms which you could potentially rent as shared accomodation if you are wanting students.

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

A couple of years ago one of my fiancés friends was living in a sharehouse in Clayton (Monash student).

5 bedroom, very run down place with 6 of them living there. Landlord was in the process of doing a 2-Lot subdivision in the backyard and they were still paying around $900p/w! The landlord must’ve been laughing – I couldn’t believe how much students were willing to spend on mediocre housing.

Profile photo of Solomon10Solomon10
    Participant
    @solomon10

I think clayton is probably a better bet, steer clear of any area around Osborne ave in Clayton South, you ll find cheaper housing there. The stench from the landfill/tip is unbearable most days, and is a bone of contention in the area. Westall railway station has just been completely rebuilt as a premium station, factor this in. Clayton is closer to the uni and Chadstone shops, hospital to Oakleigh also to the fwy to the cbd. Springvale is closer to Noble Park which IMO is less desirable, and has more industry than a lot of Clayton, just that bit further from everything. Both areas also have a high migrant population from non english speaking background, perhaps something to consider. A lot of subdivision and renewal happening in both suburbs, more so in Clayton.

Profile photo of jasedc5rjasedc5r
    Participant
    @jasedc5r

Awesome. Thanks guys for all your valued points!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.