All Topics / Help Needed! / Landlord Handbook?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Kristin Simondson PBREKristin Simondson PBRE
    @kristin-simondson-pbre

I would love to provide my clients with an independent source of information on property investment and general landlord information for Victoria.

Whilst I'm always approached by clients for information and love to educate landlords on legislative requirements and how the rental market is performing, it would be great to provide an independent handbook to back it all up with.

Consumer Affairs Victoria provide a general handbook which relates to legislative requirements, however has anyone come in contact with a great book that covers all bases for landlords?

I've considered publishing one of my own but I'd rather spend my time servicing clients than writing books…

Profile photo of RyanJDRyanJD
    @ryanjd

I found in W.A. the commerce website provides a great deal of information.
    I'm sure things are different in Victoria but they might have a similar website

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumerprotection/Content/Property_renting/Renting_and_tenancy/Landlords/index.htm

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

You would need to be writing constant updates for the state of the market. Likewise NSW Office of Fair Trading has quite a large amount of information available on its website.

Profile photo of gibbo1gibbo1
    Participant
    @gibbo1

Hi

Would also be good to provide some information on strata companies. It amazes me how many people who own apartments who have no idea what stratas do and the owners responsibilities for the tenants regarding a strata scheme

Regards

Gibbo

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Kristin.
    You could increase traffic on your website with obvious benefits by making it a rich source of links to information which would appeal to your clients, rather than “writing books”.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Kristin Simondson PBREKristin Simondson PBRE
    @kristin-simondson-pbre

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll keep looking.

I've found that those looking for the information would rather have it at their fingertips than go to a website and trawl for what they're looking which I find quite strange!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.