All Topics / General Property / Whats happening in Queensland?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of LauryLaury
    @laury

I have a nice apartment in Robina that has done NOTHING in two years. I am holding onto it thinking things have to change soon but would like to hear from anyone with their finger on the pulse of the QLD market about what the predictions are for the next couple of years as far as rent and values go

Laury

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

SEQ has been doing nothing for alot longer than two years and the gold coast is even worse, I have given up trying to predict when seq will improve.

Profile photo of vagirl2012vagirl2012
    Participant
    @vagirl2012

Yes, this is clearly 'crystal ball' territory… so many have predicted and got it wrong lately… wondering will there be any changes given the recent election – plus interest rate cuts…?

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

I would like to think so, adding to the fact qld has been flat for so long plus floods and everyone being very cautious. There are some extremely affordable and lucrative deals about, taking in to account my first sentence I am hoping that this will soon drive prices up as the fear of missing out grips people.

I think when it does eventually happen it will happen quickly.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

I brought a town house in 2007 and the only thing it has done is gone down in value

in the lastest API magazine the Brisbane auction clearence rates is up 10% more than a year ago

There is a mining boom going on in QLD there is plenty of affordable housing there, rental yields are good (some people say this can be a precurser to capital growth)

also there was a alot of flood relief money going to be spent, that would have to be a positive effect

plus interest rate cuts, it cant be to far off one would think

Profile photo of LauryLaury
    @laury

Hmm food for thought, still its not a loss until sold at a loss!  I was originally encouraged to seek a diverse portfolio with property in different states but there is alot to be saidd for sticking to the area one knows best,  As a rent increase or capital growth is not likely in the short term I will sit back and focus on the benefits of negative gearing for a couple more years……..

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Depends depends.. If property continues to wallow on the coast and the property has costs of holding then likely you will be better off elsewhere with your equity, I remember buying a townhouse in Robina in 2001, the seller had bought 10 years previously and sold for the same price to me, then the property doubled in value in about 18 months, hardly even in distribution with the capital growth! Mind you yields were very high at that time when I purchased which they aren’t presently.

With Robina there are plenty of townhouse complexes and apartments now so keep in mind the supply issue when you are competing for tenants and buyers.

It’s a loss whether you sell or not unfortunately, a fall in equity is one small step removed from a fall in the cash in your wallet, same with shares, not selling doesn’t change that situation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.