All Topics / Help Needed! / How to you calculate stamp duty for house & land or off the plan?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Eddy123Eddy123
    @eddy123

Ok, must be an easy question for some, so how do you calcuate stamp duty for house & land or off the plan (OTP) properties? Let's say on a 500k purchase price. 

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Which state?

All (?) states will calculate stamp duty for a house and land purchase on the land price.

OTP purchases are different as most states will calculate stamp duty on the price of the finished product. Victoria is different as they tend to use a land value at the time the contract was signed.

Profile photo of Eddy123Eddy123
    @eddy123

I see so except for vic all all other states uses full purchase price as the figure to calculate stamp duty on OTP regardless of current valuation?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

You would need to check the various state government websites but in essence that is correct.

Not 100% sure on SA and ACT.

@eddy123

Ok thanks i’ll google some online stamp duty calculator and have a go at them.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Derek wrote:
    Not 100% sure on SA and ACT.

For OTP in ACT it's based on the purchase price. For house and land, it's only the land that attracts duty. I could go into detail about the other states but a quick google search will return answers.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

@eddy123

Thanks for the input guys, cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.