All Topics / Help Needed! / risks involved in self managing a property?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi Michael,

Nice short answer, Get an agent to do it!!!

Spend your time learning how to invest, working towards a goal etc,
    Like Xdrew said you might save a cent here but it might cost you a dollar some where else.

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of Verity01Verity01
    @verity01
    soloinvestor wrote:
    The insurance risk is not worth it. After successfully managing my 4 properties for years I finally got caught. Tenant did $10K worth of damage and insurance paid for $800!!! BECAUSE I did not have a property manager doing the required inspections etc etc!!

perfect example!  we see this scenario often and one I often give my prospective clients something to think about.  I think people forget that they have an assett worth a few hundred thousand dollars but arent prepared to spend say $4000 a year (tax deductable)  to minimise risk and ensure the value of their assett is maintained.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Verity01 wrote:
    [
    perfect example!  we see this scenario often and one I often give my prospective clients something to think about.  I think people forget that they have an assett worth a few hundred thousand dollars but arent prepared to spend say $4000 a year (tax deductable)  to minimise risk and ensure the value of their assett is maintained.

I understand the sentiment but assuming the $300k IP is fetching $300 per week rent then a $4k PM fee p.a is 25% of rent – it's a bit steep. I wouldn't pay it.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.