All Topics / General Property / Dodgey agents

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

Re flipping properties – are there people out there offering selling agents the opportunity to onsell the property once a renovation is complete in return for getting the property over the line for the price they want? (agent is almost guaranteed double commission) and is there any thing out there to stop this behaviour?

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

It’s business!!
    Why can’t an agent make money?
    Sorry to be direct but it’s not dogy agents

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

No I agree JP but alot would think this is a dodgey tactic and I also believe it is as the agent probably doesn't have the sellers best interests in mind. I think it comes back to your own DD when selling though and finding the right agent for you

Profile photo of Pat007Pat007
    @pat007

The reason Flippers do this is there is a large element of risk in flipping, time is literally money and you need to find a buyer quickly.
    If you can get an almost guarenteed buyer before trying to flip a place why wouldnt you ?

you know what a guy who sells to the realestate agents on a large scale is called… a wholesaler.

If the agent can then sell it for profit then good luck to him, it is after all his profession. (the business process here is called a supply chain and is no different to someone importing goods and then selling them to a store who, then gets to sell them again)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.