All Topics / Value Adding / Best way to renovate old pool coping and outdoor area – old terracotta tiles suffering grout loss, breakages and stains

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of asaktis915asaktis915
    Participant
    @asaktis915

Hello

I'm hoping someone could advise on the best option to renovate a bunch of old tiled area – firstly a big outdoor area and around a pool coping …

tiles are out of date/chipped/aged… need to be refreshed as cheaply as possible

Options I understand are:

1) pull up tiles and re-tile – ouch!  ~$200m2 including labour / skip to remove old and labour/tiles to replace?
    2) regrout, fix broken etc and tile / paver paint  – I'd guess at least labour / paint $100m2?
    3) spraycrete -? what's this and is it an option

any ideas much appreciated

thanks
    andrea

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

A high pressure clean of the tiles and regrout could bring it right back to life.
    You could rip it up all up and float some timber over the area, pine is relatively cheap and a coat of dark stain looks nice (i prefer timber over tiles outside). Laying timber is probably an easier DIY job than tiling in terms of getting a nice finish
    Depending on the size of the area I would have thought a ute with side trays would be enough to get rid tiles – skip bins probably a bit big unless you have other rubbish to get rid of

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Maybe clean first then assess.
    Broken or worst areas could be replaced with pebble surrounded water features, garden oases, pots or furniture placings.
    Tile repair sounds cheapest and tiles are so hard wearing.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.