All Topics / Forum Frolic / What else do you do?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi everyone,

I know this is a PROPERTY forum. But what else do people do? What other fun stuff do you do? Do you have a hobby?

I have recently started collecting first edition Ian Fleming books (Bond, James Bond).

Do you fly planes for fun, or jog 100kms every Sunday? 

Share the fun.

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Travel! At last count I think my wife and I are approaching about 60 countries.

I'm actually about to pop over to Malaysia for a short one week stint this Saturday- with laptop in hand of course.

Sports and fitness rank highly as well.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

OMG!

60 countries, that's great Jamie! Very wow!

D

Email Me

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

My family and i love to cruise and tend to take at least one per year. We’re looking forward to the day when we can retire and take the cruise around the world! Hopefully property investing will get us there.
    Landt

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I love traveling too. Had to count after Jamies post. I’m up to 29. Adding a few every year.
    I love cruising too. Tried river cruising last year. Love it. Different from the big ships. Although I do like them Aldo.

We’ve been busy spending a few months a year renovating. Thats kept us pretty busy. We dpend 5 weeks flat out renovating then i like to go for a holiday to recover. Having a rest first half of this year then into it again.

I still work full time so that takes up time.

In the next few years I’ll cut down work and increase traveling.

Participant
    @dwolfe

Wow……

Feeling like I need to get a life ;) maybe I can aspire to a cruise in the next 10 years, or a holiday this year. Working too hard methinks!

Cheers, keep up the posts, it's interesting to find out that people do other 'stuff' too!

D

Email Me

Profile photo of luke86luke86
    Participant
    @luke86

I love sports- I play football (Australian Rules of course, that's all we know in Perth!!) and hit the gym a few times per week. Also enjoy riding to work some mornings and jogging when I feel enthusiastic.

Travel as well, but not as much as I would like. Hopefully I can make some beans out of property and start doing that a bit more!

Cheers,
    Luke

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    DWolfe wrote:
    OMG!

60 countries, that's great Jamie! Very wow!

D

Yeah I'm a little obsessed with it. The trips aren't as long as they used to be because of the biz but we try and get away whenever we can. 

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Also have caught the travel bug Jaimie- but no-where near 60!

I love motorsports, both competing and spectating, and working on the track car. Also as I’m a but of a geek I enjoy reading articles on development of land to grow my knowledge out of surveying and into planning, building etc. I probably spend way too much time in front of the computer too! :P

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

i love building businesses and travelling. I'm going to Taiwan for a bit after 2 weeks actually =)

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

I enjoy the outback and try to get away every year for at least three weeks. Highlights so far include; Cape York, Canning Stock Route, Victorian Alpine Areas, SA Outback, WA Outback, Gibb River Rd, Rudall River NP, Cape Arid and so many more.

Currently organising a week long fishing trip to Ningaloo and going again for 3 weeks in July. 

Summer months spent as local Fire Control Office for our bushfire brigade area.

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

There's a lot of things I would like to do but can't do, because of the current habit of save and invest. However yes, I do have a limited life outside of that, and my job. Or should I say that investing is part of my life and one of my hobbies. I enjoy investing.

The other small thing I do is photography. This used to be landscapes and animals only but over the years has progressed into weddings as well, something I do for friends and family. I'm still very much obsessed with the art of it, and also the equipment side of things. It's a pretty costly hobby but it meshes very well with travel. When the two meet, it's real fun.

Another small quirk is collecting. Not bad to the point of hoarding, but I enjoy collecting old/ vintage things. Two of my most unusual finds of late are coastal/ tiki-themed memorabilia: a large 30-year-old turtle shell which I painstakingly repaired with wood putty, stained and varnished (3 coats either side), and a 25-year-old sawfish bill which was originally taken in Darwin (the original owner has sinced passed on).

Sometimes when I look at the old things, it is blatantly obvious to me that 'they don't make things like that anymore', and there's a quality to the old things that I find desirable. Ultimately I plan to have a home of my own that I will decorate in coastal shabby chic and art deco style. When I move out, half my parents' house will be emptied.

Also, I love jazz music and bossa nova, just sitting down on a couch with a glass of wine and listening to music, chilling out, maybe having a talk with my parents, or my brother when he's not on his PC. My mind is a few decades older than my body.

Profile photo of NHGNHG
    @nhg

Hey,

Hmm, other than property :p

Travelling abroad, and within Australia. Have 3 overseas trips this year (a habit i'm attempting to curb), have been to over 20 countries in the last 4 years, long way to go before I hit 60 tho. Would love to do 6 months to a year in south america.

…and scuba diving, tho the dives are few and far between, it's just too expensive in Australia unless you own your own gear.

…and of course what started it all, community work, starting grass root activities within neighbourhoods for the benefit of the community.
    Tho sadly this has slowed down due to work taking up so much time :(

Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies

Hi

Well Travel is also High on the Agenda both around Australia and Overseas. I other thing I enjoy is Dancing – Ceroc Style. Its good exercise and fun and Social.

And now I can also add my passion for speaking after years of attending Seminars I am starting to run my own on guess  what ? Yes Indeed – Successful Property Investing.

Cheers

Participant
    @dwolfe

This is great! Thanks everyone, there are some very inspiring people on this forum!

I guess this is really how property investing can free up time to do really anything you want, as well as providing the cash to do it!

D

Email Me

Profile photo of jim64jim64
    @jim64

I get my release from restoring cars,being a Holden boy,the collection includes only classic cars of the 1970,s.Have a HQ SS,HX Sandman ute,HJ Sandman van,HZ  Monaro,HJ  Monaro,HQ Coupe.I have a bloody big shed!!!!!!

Participant
    @dwolfe

James,

I'm pretty sure I just drooled.

I drove (past tense sadly) a HZ and a HX. I could never afford to restore them! Ahh I was right about the inspiration!

Cheers

D

Email Me

Profile photo of jim64jim64
    @jim64

Without property investing,i would still be driving a mini.  

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

I love travel, but right now I am only in the working,saving and investing mode.

once I reach to $1,000 per week passive income, I will straight away buy one way ticket to roam around the world !

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

I mountain bike ride and enjoy running and keeping fit I also read a lot, I day dream about not working for some one else

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.