All Topics / Overseas Deals / Skype / Conference Call for All for USA Real Estate Info

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of CheevesFinancialCheevesFinancial
    Participant
    @cheevesfinancial

Our last discussion got flagged by the moderator for going off-topic, but thought it would be an idea to gauge interest from everyone on this forum to participate in a conference call or Webinar.  Seems like there are a lot of people saying "I am going here" "I am going there"….or "What is a good area to look into"…. Bottom line, if you are looking for affordable entry level housing for good investment potential, those markets exist in Florida, Atlanta, North Carolina, and I would think Texas, but I don't know anything about the TX housing market. 

If you want to consider this a solicitation, fine…But at the end of the day, there are some of us who have offered a lot of time and information on our specific markets.  We do this because we want to help investors and it is good business practice for us. 

Let's see how many of us we can get.  Maybe we can target a date later next week or early the following.  I am willing to spend time putting together information and I can collaborate with Alex and others to get good info to provide regarding different markets.  We can have an open discussion and make things organized. 

Thoughts?

CheevesFinancial | Cushman & Wakefield - Commercial Property SW FL
    http://www.CommercialRealEstateVoice.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of lawsjslawsjs
    Participant
    @lawsjs

Cheeves,
    Great idea. Don’t count on web guys for support, but keep asking. I did this USRE stuff on my own some 15 years ago and it was HARD. The scammers that appeared post subprime I think have (with luck) all but run their race – the only reason I am posting is to hopefully stop the rip off guys that are left getting another victim.

If you are even thinking of USRE then a ‘webinar’ is probably the best way to start. No one who doesn’t know what they are talking about would even think of being a part of it. They would be ripped apart by the good guys if they did.

I got into the USRE market on 8% cap. It is about what I have got ever since. I have killed the returns I have got in Aus, and I never bought a foreclosure. I would hope that people reading this would see the sense in long term buying ‘quality’ US RE from ‘Quality’ facilitators. And if a webinar gets up and goes you will find them on it.

Give it a chance – you have nothing to lose. The US RE market will outlive low USD exchange rates and sub prime crises. Back a long term horse and you will win. I am proof – Ive bought badly and bought well, Nothing spectacular, but overall it works.

Profile photo of CheevesFinancialCheevesFinancial
    Participant
    @cheevesfinancial

Lawsjs…Thanks for your response.  Those on this forum that have come to the US and have met me, I share the same shameless story with them.  I came from a middle class family, retired pro baseball player who made pennies in that field, made millions on my own in real estate / stocks, lost all of those millions and then some.. Lost my houses, apartments, toys, personal home, etc.. I got crushed… For the last 2 years, I have regained about 25% of what I lost and I never sell anything that I don't believe in or by myself.  I have taken each person who visits to my own properties.  Bottom line, is that I'm here, in a brick and mortar building in Ft. Myers and I'm not going anywhere.  My experiences have built new pesonal fundamentals and I find that investors like to hear about them so they can mold them along with theirs.  I am probably younger then 95% of people on here, but with my experiences in rags/riches/rags/riches, finance, banking, and real estate, I have a lot of info to share from good / bad lessons learned.  Ripoffs are everywhere.  To me, I can sniff out a ripoff in a few days without even meeting them.  With your experience, you probably have that talent also :-)  It is what it is and before you know it, by the time some foreign nationals commit 1% of trust in US agents or wholesalers, they will miss the boat and will only be serviced by hard selling ripoffs who can't afford to move on to the next good opportunity.

That said, I'm here to be a part of sharing with AU investors.  If you don't like me, don't read / listen to me.  I'm fine with that.  Long term buying in FL is a huge attraction now for many reasons and I've said it over and over.  If you listen to Wall Street, Morgan Stanley said it also.  Anyone read my australian investor article?  Do you agree or disagree?  I wrote that after meeting and speaking with dozens of investors and spending countless hours learning about their structure.

Now, who's down for a big online party??  I can moderate with Alex, Jay, or whoever wants to.. Get a six-pack from the store and we'll do it one evening and become friends :-)

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of jbelmorejbelmore
    Participant
    @jbelmore

Great idea! Count me in. I’ll be interested in how you share the info and do the technology.

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Cheeves,

I am up for your webinar…

gotomeeting works fine for the AU audiance

Although I could hardly understand any of them :)

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

I'm game, all my past comments on the subject got deleted.  I'll follow up with more, but have to get to some job sites. 

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

5pm PST   is  I think 9am sydney time,,   and 8pm on the east EST.

I put it in my cray computer "I phone" and thats what I deduced

Profile photo of BuzzerBuzzer
    Participant
    @buzzer

Sounds like a great idea. As you know I'm in Jacksonville at the moment and my head is spinning with everything property related. I know I should have been a bit more prepared for this visit, but……..time just got away from me. I was much more prepared for my visit to San Antonio 6 years ago, but seem to have forgotten everything I learned then. Can someone please tell me the best structure to buy Florida property in: – A "single" or "multiple" LLC, can it be combined with an Australian Family Trust? I've heard that an LLC should be set up in Delaware for some reason? As I said, my head is spinning! And that's not even taking into account the properties and areas I'm trying to get my head around!

Look forward to the conference call

Profile photo of CheevesFinancialCheevesFinancial
    Participant
    @cheevesfinancial

Buzzer:  My thoughts were that you should have done enough research back home to identify a small area of FL that would peak your interest.  You are in Jax right now, then you have questions about the opposite ends of the state.  They are 2 entirely different markets with two entirely different economic factors.  Only reason I say this is I have met a good handful of AU investors who have overthought themselves out of the game.  The confusion just became too much to handle.

But I'm guessing you are more intelligent then that ;-) 

You should have come to Ft. Myers / Lehigh / Cape Coral so that I could have helped spent your money wisely…Then after the good bottles of imported wines, we could have gone to look at some properties! 

I'm looking to get at least 10 people on the call.  So far, looks like I have 5.  Let's recruit.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of meervestmeervest
    @meervest

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and keen on making a trip to the US in May, in view of personally investing there. I would be very keen on a webinar or a skype call.

Yas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.