All Topics / General Property / Dealing with neighbouring issues of an Investment Property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of NM7NM7
    Participant
    @nm7

Hi Folks,

Just a question in relation to dealing with neighbouring issues of an investment property. We have an IP in the western suburbs of Melbourne. The property next to our IP (which is also an investment property as opposed to being owner occupied) is currently tenanted as well. We have a major weeding issue & I wanted to work with the owner of the next door property to see if we can together place a permanent treatment for weeds on the nature strip as our strip is common between both properties.

I managed to get the owner’s details from the council but reliased that the owner is from overseas (China) and no contact number is available. Is there a quick way to find out who managers an investment property apart from asking the tenants of the property directly?

Any suggestion / advise / experience would be welcomed.

Regards,
    NM7

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Find out who the PM is and speak with them directly.

They will squeal privacy act and will not release owners name but explain what you want to do, have some quotes/figures to present to the property manager for forwarding onto the owner. Property Manager will need to be sold on the 'improvement' idea so they can explain it to the owners for their approval.

Profile photo of VictoriaCVictoriaC
    @victoriac

Hi NM7,
    You can find out which agent leased your neighbours property (they are most likely still the managing agents) from RPdata or APM – both are software that agents use but you can get info from them too – you just need to pay them per search – http://www.rpdata.com.au.
    Or, if you know a friendly agent in the area they should be able to look it up for you for free on their software…..I am a Sydney agent, I'd do it for you but we dont subscribe to WA!
    Good luck,
    Victoria

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.