Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

Hello All

I just wanted to get on here and let every one know. Atlanta is still a great market and worth looking into. I received many emails about my different post of our team pulling out of Atlanta.

Their are a few reasons mainly logistics of running two teams. Quality and control makes the Charlotte and surrounding market more appealing to us. So I don't want any one to get wrong impression and  lead investors not look at Atlanta.

I have a strong belief that greed is one of the biggest mistakes any investors can make in buying and selling real estate. So for me it is more sensible to work in one market. This way our team can concentrate on being the best at home ( Charlotte )

Now back to Atlanta it  is harder to source good deals , because of competition seems to be all time high. Prices are shooting up but still good deals to be had.

Good Luck on any one still looking at Atlanta nice place.

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

Hi Alex

so does this mean you are now buying in Atlanta?

Cheers WI
    http://www.wheredopuppiescomefrom.com.au/australian-puppy-mills/

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!  GO KU

Participant
    @worldinvestor
    Participant
    @kylermrice

hahahaha, championship game for college basketball.  Kansas University is is playing, was just being silly. 

Participant
    @kylermrice

Back to the subject. 

I agree with Alex and all these people flocking to Atlanta have made it to where i wouldn't even consider trying to get something there for the portfolio.  I have a couple of friends in Florida that worked that area and say it has become so competitive that they are going back to Florida to invest again.  They have been chasing those 35,000 to 40,000 numbers since you could get new homes in Florida for that price back in 2008-2009.  Went to Atlanta and got some good stuff for that same price range last year, but not worth fighting for this year they said.  Hopefully they can find some nice water front properties that they pass on that i can get.  I'm telling everybody, Naples FL is a good buy if u can get a house there.   

Participant
    @worldinvestor

Atlanta market is definately alot tougher at the moment.

I managed to secure a great property at $41K, 2200 sq home, year – 2004, had to fight tooth and nail to get this one.

I actually think in this market I could possibly place it back on the market at $60K, not enough profit to make it worth the effort.

WI

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    worldinvestor wrote:
    Hi Alex

so does this mean you are now buying in Atlanta?

Cheers WI

WI

No not at all , we want out 100 % just don"t want to give people the wrong idea about that market . Appreciate investors looking for my opinion on the market.  <moderator: delete advertising>

I am concentrating on Charlotte and 60 mile radius. My location is lucky one being I am located on  SC side and 20 minutes below Charlotte NC. So plenty of farming areas for us to buy.SC side is cheaper cash flow type homes where Charlotte is the nice pretty homes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.