All Topics / Overseas Deals / alex, I want that deal in charlston over on the coast save that one for me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

talked to kevin today he is getting me numbers. I think we can folk that in to the TWH model quite nicely.

send me pictures, I don't know if you know this but these modern phones you can take pictures with them then send the pictures over the airwaves and the pics end up on my I phone…. If you can figure out how to do that that would be great, I will have my secretary retrieve them….

I like the look of the place and the location its an exicitng property.  I have to go to Hood river tomorrow to check on our new construction and I made an offer on another 20 lot plat that we are going to build out.  WE want to buld Eichlers on them. Any one who knows the Palo Alto CA market will know what an Eichler is… they built 40k homes after the war.

We want to take this retro design and build them up in this really cool town of Hood river Oregon… I invite any Aussies to google Hood river. you will see its a spectacular place. I actually just closed lot 11 to a couple she is an aussie re agent he is Us dude… the live there full time.

Village at Rand rd. Hood River Oregon… might be able to see it on google with that description.

Man things are getting fun again……

JLH

Profile photo of lawsjslawsjs
    Participant
    @lawsjs

Eichler house. Steve Jobs.

I got into property because of my love of architecture. Steve’s comments on Eichler mirror my own thoughts. In fact, I couldn’t believe someone else saw in them what I did. Especially someone ‘famous’ – although when I worked out the parallels he had been completely written off as a has-been…

Pettit and Sevitt in Aus – A VERY similar thing.

Then I fell in love with Glenn Murcutt (now a good acquaintance of ours after we bought one of his more famous buildings) and the rest is history. Unfortunately to support my architecture habit (crack is so much cheaper:)) I have to delve into the most hideous places I think have ever been built – and they are in SoCal. I make them as pretty as possible and they rent very well. I shouldn’t tell anyone, but that is my whole US RE game plan in one sentence.

In _general_ Australians like the most god awful US style McMansions. Pillars, fountains and the like. There is taste ‘less’ and taste ‘free’. As Steve Jobs said so well ‘People do not know what they like until they have seen it’. I have a world of design experience in my 25 years of travel, and I give people what I would like to live in – in my books it has given me a fortune, though I doubt my entire worth would be able to pay the fuel bill for a few hours in the Job’s new boat, but I digress. My game plan is that simple and it works. It just makes me very sad (nigh on angry) when I see tasteless idiots screwing up a near pristine environment (like many parts of Sydney) with pseudo Californian, fake Georgian, Neo Edwardian, Italinate Gothic, French Farmhouse ‘style’ because they have not an inkling as to what looks good, just a desire to ‘out turret’ the next door neighbour.

Clean and simple pays. If you couldn’t see ‘your’ design in a house in Copenhagen, then I would suggest it is hideous and bin the thought immediately…..

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    talked to kevin today he is getting me numbers. I think we can folk that in to the TWH model quite nicely.

send me pictures, I don't know if you know this but these modern phones you can take pictures with them then send the pictures over the airwaves and the pics end up on my I phone…. If you can figure out how to do that that would be great, I will have my secretary retrieve them….

I like the look of the place and the location its an exicitng property.  I have to go to Hood river tomorrow to check on our new construction and I made an offer on another 20 lot plat that we are going to build out.  WE want to buld Eichlers on them. Any one who knows the Palo Alto CA market will know what an Eichler is… they built 40k homes after the war.

We want to take this retro design and build them up in this really cool town of Hood river Oregon… I invite any Aussies to google Hood river. you will see its a spectacular place. I actually just closed lot 11 to a couple she is an aussie re agent he is Us dude… the live there full time.

Village at Rand rd. Hood River Oregon… might be able to see it on google with that description.

Man things are getting fun again……

JLH

Very impressive Jay, I like it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HoodRiverOregon.jpg

I am now going to show off, my father is from Lago di Como, northern Italy….  …..to die for

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wayfaring.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lake_como_italy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wayfaring.info/2008/11/01/the-italian-heaven-lake-como/&h=480&w=640&sz=94&tbnid=D7tA5jLY4JCcFM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=122&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dimages%2Bof%2Blake%2Bcomo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=images+of+lake+como&docid=qg4ZDRfNXlP7nM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8FJ0T-WSAuyTiAfw0pXkDw&ved=0CDUQ9QEwAg&dur=1579

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.holidayrentalweb.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lago-di-como.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.holidayrentalweb.com/blog/index.php/tag/milan-rentlas/&h=359&w=550&sz=76&tbnid=g5oRs19hHkTSDM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=138&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlago%2Bdi%2Bcomo%2Bimages%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=lago+di+como+images&docid=C9tX8vSBeqnTAM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=b1B0T–MBIuhiQfInNSABA&ved=0CDQQ9QEwAg&dur=281

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

I have been to lake como..

And actually stayed on the lake that is just to the West of Lake Como,,, can't recall the name.. There is very few places that rival that scenery here in the US.

Yosemite National park…….. Lake Chelan in Washington…

The Gorge were we live here in Oregon is very pretty however nothing like Northern Italy… And of course  the VINO is no where near as good as N> Italy.

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    talked to kevin today he is getting me numbers. I think we can folk that in to the TWH model quite nicely. Hey Jay I am back from the beach Kevin is actually going in am to see it him self. This is 13 unit apartment and it is located in Mrtle beach. Yes nice score for all of us.Holding there is much better then selling today. Myrtle beach is where I moved from NY when I was 18 years old to go to school. Just to rub that in that was in 92 . Yes 1992. LOL

send me pictures, I don't know if you know this but these modern phones you can take pictures with them then send the pictures over the airwaves and the pics end up on my I phone…. If you can figure out how to do that that would be great, I will have my secretary retrieve them….Pictures on my blackberry did not  come out to well. Will say a day at the beach sipping coronas was a nice for a change. I feel I have been going 100 miles an hr since I took over rehab.

I like the look of the place and the location its an exicitng property.  I have to go to Hood river tomorrow to check on our new construction and I made an offer on another 20 lot plat that we are going to build out.  WE want to buld Eichlers on them. Any one who knows the Palo Alto CA market will know what an Eichler is… they built 40k homes after the war. Nice photos Man that is sweet. The lots in NC and SC how you want to proceed some keepers  in the mix.  Now that I know commercial units work I will be looking at a few more at the beach. Have some solid contacts their .

We want to take this retro design and build them up in this really cool town of Hood river Oregon… I invite any Aussies to google Hood river. you will see its a spectacular place. I actually just closed lot 11 to a couple she is an aussie re agent he is Us dude… the live there full time.Awesome met a developer here last week. So look forward to be able to jump on that side of the fence, nice new homes from the ground up.

Man things are getting fun again…...Yes this is a good time , rentals is tougher as even here in Charlotte one house came on market for $25k nice 3 bed 2 bath in Charlotte. 15 offers first day.  So I had to bid over to make sure I get it .

Talk Soon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.