All Topics / Help Needed! / Dysart or Roma – Where to Invest?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of pypy
    @py

I have decided to buy a property in Emerald and Gladstone and have finace ready for one more property and I am considering Dysart or Roma? Any suggestions or thoughts please?

Profile photo of Shiny_Suit_ManShiny_Suit_Man
    Participant
    @shiny_suit_man

Goto the newsagents and buy this months issue of Austrlian Property Investor mag…. They have their “Top 100” spots and has a write up on what areas to look for and what to buy in each town/suburb. P.s. Go for Roma, i stay out there for work as I’m in the oil and gas industry and there is a massive accommodation shortage. Just make sure you check for flood related areas because any rain out there these days basically has parts of Roma underwater.

Profile photo of kjm2810kjm2810
    @kjm2810

Hi py Im thinking about buying in Roma as my first investment property so Im just wondering if you went ahead with the purchase and if your happy with your decision? Im concerned that the market might be too un stable. Thoughts?

Profile photo of PISTOREPISTORE
    @pistore

Wouldn’t touch Roma. Many reasons why it might not be be a good investment.
    Depends on your available funds, but there are a few other locations worth considering before the likes of Dysarthria or Roma.

Profile photo of kjm2810kjm2810
    @kjm2810

Thanks for your reply. What would those reasons be, do you think it is too risky?

Profile photo of PISTOREPISTORE
    @pistore

They are both locations that have too much risk attached to them. Roma in regards to it's flooding, where by Banks and insurance companies will be not looking at favorably, and Dysart as it is in a very much "transitional" stage.
    There are a lot better options to be considering right now.

Profile photo of pypy
    @py
    kjm2810 wrote:
    Hi py Im thinking about buying in Roma as my first investment property so Im just wondering if you went ahead with the purchase and if your happy with your decision? Im concerned that the market might be too un stable. Thoughts?

I ended up buying one property in Emerald and one in Whyalla. If it is going to be your first investment property then I think it is very high risk. My suggestion would be to buy in Toowoomba which is safe and it will also benefit from Surat basin.  I have done my reserach which has been pretty detailed one hence ended up buying in Whyalla and Emerald. Toowoombas was my preference too but the vendor in Whyalla acceoted my offer first and the one in Towoomba did not,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.