All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for a good property manager in Muswellbrook

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of cassie12cassie12
    Participant
    @cassie12

I am interested in hearing from anyone who is currently using a property manager in Muswellbrook. I am looking for a good one to use. There seem to be very few choices in this small town.

Profile photo of lulu1lulu1
    Participant
    @lulu1

I have a rental in Muswellbrook and I am very happy with LJ Hooker property manager name is Gail

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

There are at least 6 that I know of, plenty for a town that size.
    Very happy with Boyles. Have used them for several years.

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

I can second Lalibella's opinion of Boyle's (The Professionals). They manage 2 properties for me, and I'm happy with them. They are the second manager I've employed there. Premium proved to be disappointing.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I'm doing research on property managers too. How much are the management fees on average around Musellbrook?

Fees around my home area are about 6-8%.

Profile photo of cassie12cassie12
    Participant
    @cassie12

Lulu1 and lalibella,

I am with LJ Hooker at the moment and am considering changing which is why I have asked this question. My tenants are not happy and the service I have received is not what was promised.

Can you both tell me if:
    1. They renew leases for you so that there is always a lease in place?
    2. They send you inspection reports regularly? How often?
    3. The rent is increased regulary in line with the new lease?

Profile photo of lulu1lulu1
    Participant
    @lulu1

Yes to all the above I was first with boyles in abbout 2010 was extremely unhappy with their service after about 6 months  I changed  over to LJ Hooker PM is Gayle  Yes To Lease renewal  Inspection reports I think I get 2 a year they also contact me asap if atennant requires anything done or any repairs etc I always give them the go ahead so I keep our Tenants happy and she has asked us to put rent up for a while we are the ones who have been holding back  and have only just agreed to an increase.Good Luck

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

I rented a house through LJH Muswellbrook. When they pre-dated a property inspection report two weeks after I moved in, they permanently lost any consideration I might have given them when deciding on my future property managers.

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

I am with LJ Hooker at the moment and am considering changing which is why I have asked this question. My tenants are not happy and the service I have received is not what was promised.

Can you both tell me if:
    1. They renew leases for you so that there is always a lease in place?
    2. They send you inspection reports regularly? How often?
    3. The rent is increased regularly in line with the new lease?

1. Yes,  they have to, that's there job.
    2. Yes, a few times per year. Usual tick box affair. Nothing too strenuous but I've never seen one that was from any PM. Remember many are done by some 20 something in a hurry.
    3. No, that's your job to increase the rent unless the PM is also your business advisor.
    Might sound harsh but that's the reality of it. On the inspection report there is tick box that says ' Rent in accordance with current market value" Y/N  

Profile photo of trivtriv
    @triv

Hi Cassie,

Who did you end up going with ?

My current PM's service has dropped off dramatically over the past few months and i need a new one also.

Can anyone else recommend a good PM in Muswellbrook ?

For the people using Boyles are you still happy with their service ?

Triv

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I have dealt with several of the agents in Muswellbrook. The best that I have found was Floods, the most useless was LJH.

Profile photo of trivtriv
    @triv

Thanks Scott,

I am currently with LJH and your right, they are far from great.

I'll give Floods a call and have a chat with them.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Thanks for all these posts, I've got to canvass Muswellbrook soon and very helpful to know the status re Property Managers. Info  much appreciated.

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of cassie12cassie12
    Participant
    @cassie12

Update for anyone interested.

I was with LJ Hooker originally – Gail Collins signed me up. In the end, I changed for many reasons including the fact that they didn’t do any routine inspections for over a year (I called about this and was told that a visit was booked on their system but they couldn’t find any report), the tenant’s maintenance requests were ignored to the point where they did repairs themselves and billed me, didn’t chase up the tenants to pay the water bills for almost a year, wouldn’t return my calls or emails, etc. Bad news… I met the tenants and gave them my mobile number in case they needed anything as LJ Hooker was so hopeless.

I changed to John Flood and am quite happy. They try to keep the tenants happy by actioning repairs quickly, try hard to minimize vacancy, etc. I wish I had chosen John Flood in the first place as I would have saved a lot of aggravation.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.