All Topics / General Property / buy or build home at gold coast ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Kris NapalmKris Napalm
    @kris-napalm

Hello everyone,

i am looking at options for building a house or buying a house at bonogin gold coast,
    i prefer building the house, but not sure..

my budget is 500 K , i can stretch a bit more, and i am 30 Yrs old, going to be married soon, doing online business, the reason i want to buy a land and build a home, because most of the houses or apartment we saw, are difficult to customize and change things around, further there are agent fees, and so many legal things it freaks me out a bit..

i am looking for a land in bonogin, gold coast and the land offer i am receiving is around 200-300K and building qoutes not checked any .. looking for builders still.. and the house direct buying rates is around 600 -800 K plus there are legal fees attached, so not sure what to do..

any recommendations are welcome.

Thank you..
    kris

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

The Gold Coast is on sale at the moment. You need to look carefully at price comparisons. You may be able to snag yourself a bargain by buying something that's already built.

Is this to live in? That makes a difference too. If it's for investment only the numbers matter.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Yes a good time to be bargaining hard on the coast, depends on how much you value the custom built home, either way very promising scope to buy well.

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Andrew and Catalyst have nailed it.

IMO buy slightly used properties that have not only had organic depreciation of the building but where the values are probably off by 30 % in the foothills since their peak of 2007.

Also consider Mudgeeraba and Tallai. I believe the bottom of the market has arrived on the Gold Coast, but I am not ringing the bull rush bell just yet. It will be sideways for a while until the next upswing.

Profile photo of Kris NapalmKris Napalm
    @kris-napalm

i actually read some articles like

build better than buy by 200,000$

building boost offer

and i heard from my UK friend there is also a 10,000$ discount for new home makers since i am an expatriate..

and i guess it is be really good to build the house.. but still open to thinking more…

got a friend who works as Gold Coast Builders

so just checking more quotes and getting building home ideas…

will keep you guys updated about the quotes and new happening…..

Profile photo of Kris NapalmKris Napalm
    @kris-napalm

i contacted some builders and land agents..
    and they said the cost of buying a land and building it, will cost around 500k , for a 1.5 acre land in bonogin and buildind a 3 bedroom , 3 bathroom house..
    is it a fair deal..

i guess its a good deal..

should i wait a bit more..
    or just take it..

Profile photo of DAMPropertyDAMProperty
    Participant
    @damproperty

Do your research on builders.  There have been some bad experiences with builders on the Gold Coast for some people and they have been waiting for years for their house to be built and then they have been leaking with all the rain we've had.

DAMProperty | DAM Accounting Services
    https://www.damaccountingservices.com.au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.