All Topics / Help Needed! / Land Surveyor Wanted

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Could anyone recomend a good land surveyor on the Gold Coast

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Gold Coast sounds good! :D

On a serious note what I’ve found from experience in the industry is that the cheapest survey may not necessarily be the best. Corners get cut with the dodgy cheap surveyors and you’ll no doubt have council requesting more information which then blows the budget out of the water. Look for a surveyor with good experience in the area and ask for some examples of their work. The more thorough their work the better!

The larger development companies do take advantage of the market and often hike up their prices above the recommended fees sent out by the governing body (in the cast of Vic it is the ACSV). Try to grab an updated copy of this to give you an idea of what to expect.

In a nutshell, good research will pay off and also get a detailed quote of what is included in the price.

All the best with your project!

Cheers,

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko
    Stacey Surveying wrote:
    Gold Coast sounds good! :D On a serious note what I've found from experience in the industry is that the cheapest survey may not necessarily be the best. Corners get cut with the dodgy cheap surveyors and you'll no doubt have council requesting more information which then blows the budget out of the water. Look for a surveyor with good experience in the area and ask for some examples of their work. The more thorough their work the better! The larger development companies do take advantage of the market and often hike up their prices above the recommended fees sent out by the governing body (in the cast of Vic it is the ACSV). Try to grab an updated copy of this to give you an idea of what to expect. In a nutshell, good research will pay off and also get a detailed quote of what is included in the price. All the best with your project! Cheers,

Thanks Ashley, I've noticed there seems to be a bit of a game going on with prices and info town planners give out, even the dearest are not always the best and they try to run the hardest possible way to clock the bill up, the difference in quotes I've got from Town planners is just crazy. I'm assuming Land surveyors will be the same so I thought I would post on here to see if anyone knows of a good surveyor that gives out straight honest options and puts it together as easy as possible and also knows what there talking about.

Profile photo of Kris NapalmKris Napalm
    @kris-napalm

Thanks Ashley for the update about the market..
    really helping understanding the building business in gold coast…

if you have any more articiles or suggest some of articles about understanding some basic things to look for in home builder..
    it would be really helpful..

thank you again..

Profile photo of Stacey SurveyingStacey Surveying
    Participant
    @stacey-surveying

Hi Kris,

For building strategies I would suggest speaking to a private town planner in your local area. Surveyors more-so deal with the subdivision side of things as opposed to the building side. Obviously we can help you out with the various steps in the process and point you in the right direction if it is something out of our expertise, but are unable to quote you on costs of a unit for example.

I’m sure there will be some interesting articles in the blog section of this forum – see lots of articles popping up about the Gold Coast / QLD. I’m in Victoria so can’t help you too much with the market there!

Keiko, in response to your last post I find many surveyors will just throw a number at you without explaining what’s behind it. My quotes are generally 2 pages long and list everything that is shown on the survey. From feedback I’ve gotten on them apparently this doesn’t happen very often in the industry. By cutting back on the details in the quote it would definitely leave the door open to shortcuts in the survey. Try to find someone that has the time of day for you and can guarantee a complete and thorough end product.

Good luck to both of you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.