All Topics / Value Adding / Best options to add value

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

Hi all, currently we are building a small three bedroom house northside of Brisbane.
    We are working on a budget but trying to add value to the house. We got the following options to upgrade. Your opinion would be much appreciated.

1. Upgrade front entrance door: $622.00
    2. Upgrade to 900mm cook top and oven from 600mm: $1655.00
    3. Add CaesarStone benchtop in kitchen: $1812.00
    4. Add timber flooring instead of tiles: $950.00
    5. Upgrade ensuite, Bathroom tapware (2 x basin mixer, 2 x shower mixer, 1 x Bath mixer): $950.00

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Tanjimh

At first glance, I'm not convinced any would add much extra value. They also seem like quite expensive options.

What sort of benchtop will go in at present?

I remember reading a very general comment somewhere about timber floored homes being easier to sell – but I would have thought it's much of a muchness and either would probably look good in a new home. Tiles might be a cooler option in the Brissy climate??

The tap upgrade seems excessive.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

Hi Jamie

Currently we have laminex benchtop. The bulider wouldn't let us upgrade to a diamond gloss Laminex because it's not covered under their warranty.

The Tap upgrade seems expensive to me as well. It's an upgrade from separate hot, cold & hob into 1 single mixer.

I heard similar thing about timber floor that it add value to the house when selling.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.