All Topics / Overseas Deals / Cages Again

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

Hi All

some time ago we discussed cages, just got this from a friend who has researched this and is using these for his properties in Atlanta. They are not cheap, around $650 each. Much better than the norm.
    http://westendcages.com/

WI

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Been toying with the idea for a type of cage for furnaces and hot water heaters.

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Would be nice to retrofit them to the Roof tops like in the desert or commerical applications. theives by and large do not like heights and maybe a few will fall off the roof and learn their lessons.

this cage looks nice will it stop a sawsall??

<moderator: delete advertising>

JLH

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

If there is no power on site, a battery powered sawzall would eat through batteries.

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Or they just chain up to the car and drag it out of the ground little crude but works:)..

And of course they can Jack the power to run a powered one… clever these theives

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Wow. This is necessary in most places, is it? Wouldn't insurance cover something like that?

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

it started in the poorer neighborhoods however has spread to middle income areas as well..

I had my first one stolen in Oregon 6 months ago… You rarely hear of it here. What happens in the southeast and mid west is they hit them for just the little bit of copper… Some steal and resell the whole unit.

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    zmagen wrote:
    Wow. This is necessary in most places, is it? Wouldn't insurance cover something like that?

True story brand new unit put in. Two days later it was stolen .Nice thieves as they took the whole unit . No mess or nothing broken. Very nice of them. Cost me about $3500 to put the unit in .

Insurance was going to give me 80%of value as it was used. Yes 2 days old and they already had me at 80 % of value. Not sure who the thieves were at this point .

As for cages not worth the investment simple pair of bolt cutters. I have since then just added sensor lights on all our rentals. For renters added security 3 per house. One for the front of the home , one for the back and one over the AC unit…

LOL crazy what we have to do in this world….

Profile photo of usainvestorusainvestor
    @usainvestor
    worldinvestor wrote:
    Hi All

some time ago we discussed cages, just got this from a friend who has researched this and is using these for his properties in Atlanta. They are not cheap, around $650 each. Much better than the norm.
    http://westendcages.com/

WI

I recently installed one of these cages and was very impressed by the construction of the cage. I was so impressed that we are installing a further 3 shortly.

These cages will certainly slow down the thief and hopefully encourage them to 'shop' elsewhere.

In the end if they are determined enough they will get through any measures that we put in place.

Security lights (as per Alex) is an example. BB gun to knock them out or conversely simply help them by lighting up the 'job' sight.

I suspect that a lot of these newly installed units are actually an inside job with the installers helper the likely culprit.

regards

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

WI

When I was doing loans in Detroit ……..the rehabbers there had security guards on each job and all personal coming on the job had to be signed in. It was their position that a majority of thefts were inside jobs

Profile photo of Pat007Pat007
    @pat007

indeed, the builders know the value, have many ways to offload the unit within their trade and know how to remove it quickly and with minimal damage to it, also have the tools to do so, knowledge of the new installs and the site itself.

this is why once you find a good builder / installer with a moral compass, keep in touch with them and make them part of your trades people "team"

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Good news is you will be able to buy replacement units from us and save hundreds of bucks an no sale tax.

Jay hirnichs

http://www.harewaresupercenter.com for the price conciencse rehabber

Profile photo of KnoxOffKnoxOff
    Participant
    @knoxoff

rinnai_providing_hot_water_at_campers_demand

cages for  rinai infinity  instantaneous  gas  hot water systems

i remember  after the bush  fires here ,  the first house  to be rebuilt  had its  hot water  and white goods  stolen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.