All Topics / Overseas Deals / Anyone investing in Florida at the moment? Going next week to look for properties.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of themagnix28922themagnix28922
    @themagnix28922
    • Interested to hear peoples thoughts on:

1. Anybody buying pre-foreclosures with seller carry backs (vendor financing) deals with little down?
    2. Anybody going to be near Miami around March 27th to talk RE?
    3. Can you set up a bank account without a visa if you're an Aussie? Anyone formed an LLC to hold their property?
    4. Anyone using Hud or other website for finding foreclosures?
    5. Are people buying with 100% cash or how are you financing? Traditional bank finance?

Would like to hear anyone's thoughts on what to look out for. Has anyone bought Steve Keens USA Property PowerPack DVD?

Cheers Marcus (Aussie but based in Japan)

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I will only comment on the ones i can answer:

3) Yes you can open a Bank account without a Visa although under the Patriot Act you will need to be in the Country for most Bank's. CBA US / HSBC are the exceptions.

5) Yes finance is available to FN's and we are starting to get enquiries all day long from Aussies. We have been dealing in the FN market for some years however thanks to the introduction of NCCP here is Australia were only taking applications from our British clients. With clarification over NCCP we are now closing deal after deal for Australian clients.

Finance is however limited to particular states, minimum loan sizes, lvr's etc and individual properties so does take time to set up.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of CheevesFinancialCheevesFinancial
    Participant
    @cheevesfinancial

Richard-
    This is my third request in asking you to post your guidelines / qualifications for financing.  I'm not asking for me anymore.  I am asking for the investors on this site who are looking for answers without private messaging.  As a Florida wholesaler, I have been more then transparent with what is going on and try to provide as much info as possible.  Why don't you put your cards on the table anytime I ask and show the investors what you offer? 

TheMagnix:  If you are looking at buying distressed properties, you can forget about any type of financing or carry backs.  It simply doesn't exist.  Your best bet is to work with wholesalers.  There is a distinct difference in pricing for cash buyers and financing buyers.  That is how the retail market is.  Working with wholesalers, you can sometimes buy at wholesale prices and with a strong enough offer, they will allow you the time to close via financing.  We allow 30 days with extension possibilities but the offer needs to be tight.

As per the most recent Morgan Stanley 2.0 report for housing, purchasing wholesale properties will provide investors not only potential cash flow but a significant opportunity to see added value as the wholesale prices catch up to the increasing retail market prices.  I have seen this on my own personal investment properties.

To buy HUD homes, you have to be approved to buy HUD homes.  Kind of a difficult process.  My opinion is that your best bet, wherever you buy in the U.S is to used a licensed wholesale company.  Chasing high discounts will be less fruitful for you at least in FL where top wholesalers blanket the market.  We provide about a 15% discount from retail pricing.  For some that's not good enough.  For most, it is a turnkey property, with an easy purchase process for international investors.  Our domestic investors get the same deal, no better or worse.

CheevesFinancial | Cushman & Wakefield - Commercial Property SW FL
    http://www.CommercialRealEstateVoice.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @qlds007

Cheeves

There are over 60 members on this site who have benefited from my assistance in arranging US finance and well over a 100 in the UK who have been introduced through some of the big US property organisations based over there.

We dont seek out clients as they come to us in droves due to my repuation on this forum.

I have posted guidelines on a number of occassions over the last 11 years but will do it again in case you missed it.

70-75% lvr / SFD / Min Loan $50K dependant on property location. Rates from 4.75% fixed no prepayments.

Anyway hope that keeps you happy for the time being. Got to go as i am hold to a lender.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of CheevesFinancialCheevesFinancial
    Participant
    @cheevesfinancial

Thank you.  Good response. 

CheevesFinancial | Cushman & Wakefield - Commercial Property SW FL
    http://www.CommercialRealEstateVoice.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @qlds007

Pleasure

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

Hi Richard
    What about Atlanta?  Any finance here……

Thanks
    WI

Participant
    @qlds007

Yes no issues but only done as second home cant own a property in USA.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of themagnix28922themagnix28922
    @themagnix28922

Thanks for the replies which related to my questions. Will see how it goes when I get there. 15% turnkey isn't really going to do it for me. Will try my luck with a foreclosure, rehab and let. Or find some partners to syndicate.
    Cheers

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Yes no issues but only done as second home cant own a property in USA.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Hi Richard
    what does this mean?
    What are the terms, I am told Atlanta is a tough market for finance, no one will touch it.
    What I have tried to source to date has been shocking, over the top fees, high risk, I would not touch.

Cheers, WI

Participant
    @qlds007

That is not the case however loans we do in Atlanta are done as second homes and not as investment properties therefore the applicant cannot already own a property in the USA.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

15% yields +. Have left the building. Kind of like Elvis:). Your going to have to go hunting in the hood

US investor has decided to get in the game. oZ investors free run on our assets is ending, going to be a lot more competitive as market corrects

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Still available in Asia. :) God bless cashflow.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of lawsjslawsjs
    Participant
    @lawsjs

In my experience almost any US bank can (and will) do 'second home' loans on reasonable rates at the LVR you mentioned.

But thanks for the response Richard.. 

Profile photo of emma171emma171
    Participant
    @emma171

To buy HUD homes is difficult???Lol… No it isn’t hard.. You need an ITIN or SSN or EIN with a US address… Most use their attorney’s who set up the LLC if you get the point. Go to hudhomestore.com click on state and investor ….

Enjoy… Great bargains to have!

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    emma171 wrote:
    To buy HUD homes is difficult???Lol… No it isn't hard.. You need an ITIN or SSN or EIN with a US address… Most use their attorney's who set up the LLC if you get the point. Go to hudhomestore.com click on state and investor …. Enjoy… Great bargains to have!

Emma

Stop giving away out secrets, and Hud is a great source for us to buy from ( LOL ).   Hud they are not as negoitable as banks.  Then again the homes seem to be  priced more sensible.

Participant
    @qlds007

lawsjs

I think you misread my post.

What i said was we do these loans as  "second homes" loans and not investment loans.

We only deal with 3 US Lenders who do investment loans to Foreign Nationals.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of lawsjslawsjs
    Participant
    @lawsjs

Richard,
    I am missing something I think. In my experience I have found almost any US bank is happy to loan on ‘second home’ basis. Usually something like 30% down at good rates but SFR only. Investment loans are not easy, but are possible I agree. As a non resi alien I just got 4.36 30yr 70% with Chase for example, but the second home business is much more widely available to aliens.

Not sure what your post immediately above was getting at?

Profile photo of Texas Cash Cow Investments AustraliaTexas Cash Cow Investments Australia
    Participant
    @texas-cash-cow-investments-australia

Hi Richard,

For the benefit of any forum readers who may not understand some of the lingo….I think it's important for you explain to them the difference between qualifying for a "second home" loan versus an investment loan. Quite a difference.

I agree with Lawsj…..quite a few banks will entertain the second home loans for foreign nationals but investment loan approvals is pretty limited. We are fortunate we have a bank that we deal & refer clients to that will do investment loans for foreign nationals and have been keeping them busy with pre-approvals which we insist on before they try and secure any homes if using finance. They give us a pretty quick turnaround for a pre-approval and take about 72 hours. Once they select a home and go to contract it takes about a month by the time they could close on the deal.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.