All Topics / Overseas Deals / Phoenix investors….Your advice please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Mattyb19Mattyb19
    Participant
    @mattyb19

I'm just now jumping through the hoops and getting educated on the process of investing in the U:S 
    I'm wanting to invest in Phoenix as i lived in Scottsdale in the early 2000's for five years and have
    knowledge of some of the areas and know of two tradies who i can trust and have a friend who i believe
    would be a good property manager.

My questions to any of you who know anything about the area…….

What are your thoughts looking for  something around 70k in the Scottsdale area and sacrifice a bit of return for better tennents?

I know Scottsdale well around the Old Town area and like it for its proximity to many things.
    South Scottsdale going down toward the Univerisity is not as glam but I'd be happy to invest in this area also.

Does anyone have any experience in this area with Houses v Apartments Condo's ?

Are there other areas in Phoenix that anyone has had success in?

Any help from Phoenician investors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Matt

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Pass on condos to many HOA issues. Go for better tenants make more money in the long run

Profile photo of InvestorMickInvestorMick
    Participant
    @investormick

We’re doing fix and flips in Phoenix but would say it would be near impossible to get a good renter for round $70k in the Scottsdale area or much of Greater Phoenix. The bottom end of the market has risen due to investor and first home buyer demand and it is now extremely challenging to get purchases across the line round that price. Nett returns are round 12% or so for buy and holds.
    Hope this helps! We’re moving there in 4 weeks.

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Wow, looks like with those numbers i have lost interest in Arizona.  Come on Florida, daddy needs a couple more water front properties before the good times are over

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Time is a tickin for the net yeilds that have been enjoyed in these certain markets…

Foriegn investor had a free run there for a few years now we are going to get back to a more normal market..

IE US investors jumping in now that they feel the world is not going to end.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.