All Topics / Help Needed! / Defence personnel as tenant

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of mike.12mike.12
    @mike.12

Hi Guys,

My property manager had an application for tenant in wagga wagga.She said ,they will lease it for 12 months but can leave when ever they are relocated to other location.because being as defence personnel.can not charge for lease break costs etc.

This is the first time I heard about this.

Very much appreciate if you can give me feed back on this.

thanks .

mike

Profile photo of ledgend80ledgend80
    @ledgend80

This is what we got told when we were leasing our place as we had some defence people for our property. This was in qld

Profile photo of PaulliePaullie
    @paullie

This is 100% correct. I have a defence worker in a rental and they are required to place that condition on the rental ageeement. What i did was speak to him myself to get a clear idea of his intentions and hes been bloody fantastic. Also paid 70 more than the rent estimate by the agent.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

That will be one of the special conditions that are added to the lease. If the tenant is acceptable, then start negotiating with the agent for a reduction of the reletting fee if the tenant vacates prior to the end of the lease – if you have to bear the risk of a disappearing tenant, then so should the agent if they are recommending them.

Profile photo of mike.12mike.12
    @mike.12

Thanks guys for info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.