All Topics / Help Needed! / where to buy in sydney’s west

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of k1shk1sh
    @k1sh

Hi
    We have a budget of 600k , looking to buy first home
    we have son 2 years old
    i work in strathfield and my hubby works in North sydney.
    We have short listed Toongabbie,girraween,pendle hill, which are on the train line.

and Glenwood ,kellyville ridge which are not on the train line.

but not able to decide to go for old houses in toongabbie,pendle hill, girraween

or bit new houses in glen wood , kellyville ridge.

Could any please suggest on value wise which ones are better?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

A bit hard to say, as this will be your PPOR the thinking behind the investing is slightly diff….Depends on;

1. What you interpret as “value wise”, i have buyers who had bought a Townhouse in Merrylands for $380,000 which is roughly $25,000 less then the average for a simliar property ~ 10% less…and they may they consider that as value?

2. How much work do you want to put towards the property + how experienced are you?. are you wanting to do small-medium renovations and cosmetic changes- or buy a place that’s already done up.

3. How long will it be your PPOR? setting the right structure is paramount to max your growth potential and tax benefits.

4. DO you need the property to be close to a station?

On a personal note; i have a thing for Toongabbie- since 2008 me and some of my another stuff have mark this suburb as one of the area to go through a massive capital growth stage in the next 5 years, – if the right land size, street , zoning and property type is chosen – I know my property mentor has personally bought 2 houses in Toongabbie in the last 4 years, if only i didn’t have my money tied up on my development project….- however it only works for particular investors and may not suit everyone.

2012 -2013 is the year for toongabie to bloom so it may be a bit late already as there was a slight peak in prices leading up to 2009-2010???- if you walk around toongabbie now you will notice a lot of new units, council upgrades and the new shopping center!

http://forecast2.id.com.au/Default.aspx?id=265&pg=5530

Cheers.
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of investhutinvesthut
    @investhut

my ideal budget is 550k and might consider 600k and looking the very same areas.

wenty, pendle hill and then seven hills/blacktown.

from a growth perspective i think wenty/pendle hill and better than toongabie. just bcoz the closer you are to westmead/parramatta, there is more demand.

if you going to toongabie, then might as well consider south blacktown, with fast and many trains into City?

investhut

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.