All Topics / Finance / Most common way for financing IPs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of coxy86coxy86
    Participant
    @coxy86

Hey everyone,

Im quite new to this website and investing, but im researching quite hard.

I currently have a PPOR which is worth around $390K and have a loan for $315K, and we would like to buy an IP in the near future.

My question to everyone is, do most people use equity to finance IPs, or do they save cash deposits? Is there a better/best way of financing our first IP, and when is the best time to financially buy an IP, I mean should we be trying to knock our home loan right down before thinking IP?

Our combined income is around $150K.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Coxy

The vast majority of my clients use equity to fund their purchases.

Those starting out generally use the equity they have in their PPOR.

It's important to get the structure correct from the start – to avoid crossing your PPOR with your IPs, etc.

It looks like you've got a little bit of equity up your sleeve that could be used for your first IP – but it's hard to comment without further data.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Coxy

As Jamie has mentioned subject valuation you have a wee bit of equity up your sleeve so ideally you would tap into this to access the deposit.

In saying this in order to avoid cross collateralising the 2 loans you need to structure them correctly.

Subject to with whom the current PPOR loan is with will determine whether your Broker can organise an upfront valuation for you to ascertain the exact amount of equity.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.