All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Geelong Region

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Not to offend anyone, but can't say I like the bird-named streets in Norlane.  There are very few streets I would consider in Norlane.  Loosely, they are bordered by Donnybrook Rd (but not including Donnybrook Rd itself), Anakie Rd (but not Anakie Rd itself), Thompson Rd (but not Thompson Rd itself) and the rail line.

There are parts of Norlane that are very dodgy places to live, and as such you would expect only to attract the type of tenant that is comfortable living with such "activity" around them.  I think it's Rose Avenue that real estate agents will not go to after midday.

janinewool – I don't know how the couple of hundred layoffs at Ford would "affect Corio".  Of the people that live and work at Ford, not all of them live in Corio.  Further, of those that do, if they lose their jobs, they will simply go on Centrelink Benefits and can carry on living very comfortably. 

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of janinewooljaninewool
    @janinewool
    JacM wrote:
    janinewool – I don't know how the couple of hundred layoffs at Ford would "affect Corio".  Of the people that live and work at Ford, not all of them live in Corio.  Further, of those that do, if they lose their jobs, they will simply go on Centrelink Benefits and can carry on living very comfortably. 

Yes I guess centerlink will step in. Point taken :)

Profile photo of jenny111jenny111
    Participant
    @jenny111

Hi JacM, I am also interested in the geelong region. What does “PM me” mean in the context: “There really is no ignoring Corio. PM me if you want more info on geelong and which property managers to definitely avoid.”?
    Jenny

Profile photo of WomeninPropMelbWomeninPropMelb
    @womeninpropmelb

Jennie, do you mean – what does “PM” mean? Private Message me?
    In my view – you might like property managers who others simply don’t get along with.
    It is always a good idea to keep your ear to the ground – but also do your own research.
    And remember- “What Peter says about Paul, says more about Peter than it does about Paul”.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

PM me means private message me

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of DupontDupont
    @dupont

I have one property in Geelong West and have recently settled on a property in Bell Park.  I am currently looking for my next property in the Geelong area.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.