All Topics / Overseas Deals / Investing and Partnerships and common sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc

I could count in the last two months about clients who want to partner or invest .

Before I get to the properties.I am sitting here on fri night in my office just blowing off steam .

First let me add my two cents with all this "good and bad chat" about partnerships just some thoughts.Our company does take on partners, they are our "clients". We do consider them a partners an investors. They are our clients looking for real estate opportunity in our market place. So you can look at it a few ways cash lenders, clients building  real estate portfolios , partners who bring capital and take larger percentage of profit . Different then just cash lending

For instance our company has a combined 41 years experience in buying, selling, and repairing real estate in our local market area, you may question how we stay in this business for so long is…. The main reason is they are our "clients." Call it what you want, our investors, partners, and/or CLIENTS continue to do business with us year after year. Even during the down market we survived and still thrive.

Sure as with any business there are risks associated with all ventures. Education is and always should be the main focus; as well as gathering all important information to make a sound financial decision. I think we need to stop thinking these dollars can be made so easy like all things we have to earning them. Doing a little research goes a long way in this business. If you are looking for a new car would you jump on the first deal because someone told you it is a great deal? Probably not, which is the same scenario involved in real estate. Educate you self just don't pay some company money to educate you. Such a waste you will never learn anything that way.

With any business, sure there are mistakes and things do not go as planned but you pick up and move on. Everyday people win and lose money in the stock market and real estate .When you become a client or partner you made an educated calculation to take on this opportunity or risk. Investments are still risk and common sense over dollars should always prevail in decision making opportunities.

Guess I am writing this because I was told today that making Clients come meet us and see our team is the  first step. For me any one charging any one a upfront fees is just crap sorry my opinion. We prefer all future investors to visit and see what we have going on not just hear about what we do.  Seeing is believing , I would make sure any teams out there that are selling deals from companies like me .I would see that they actually own them as well. Teaching and preaching but also doing what you are selling.

For our current investors, we have slowly switched back to buying in just Charlotte smaller deals under $100k to rehab and cash flow . Our high end market (with the changing mortgage industry – almost daily) the opportunity is just not  available .Man I wish that was and would come back.I spent many years dealing in the Million dollar plus homes. No property management and better money , less stress.

Look forward to all discussion,question and comments.Not meaning to stir anything up.Just thought I would throw my thoughts out there. After reading some post and being told I was wrong for making investors come check us out. By the way this came from a USA and Australian resellers some crazy things I have heard. Like not following up with clients and not inviting people to come and meet the team . Again maybe I am old fashioned but regardless what one says I would make sure to go see and meet  the team that you might want to work with.

Sorry if I am rambling but tough long week.

Sincerely
    Alex Franks

Profile photo of jbelmorejbelmore
    Participant
    @jbelmore

Alex

I agree the relationships are critical and particularly with overseas investments.

But what if your clients met you first in their country (assuming you came out for a tax deductible holiday) and did most of their due diligence on the internet?

Cheers

David

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    jbelmore wrote:
    Alex I agree the relationships are critical and particularly with overseas investments. But what if your clients met you first in their country (assuming you came out for a tax deductible holiday) and did most of their due diligence on the internet? Cheers David

Being I am heading to Kuwait in next two weeks and London then Australia ( looking at Perth Sydney, and  Adelaide.

That is the way most of our clients have found us, is me meeting them in their country being I like to travel ( so that helps ). I was trying to set up an australia trip but quite a few poeple to meet. Maybe you guys can help me with that. Need to be in Sydney and Perth and then Adelaide and also possible Queensland. Trying to figure about how many days for each market .

So looking forward to that trip.

talk soon

Alex

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    jbelmore wrote:
    Alex I agree the relationships are critical and particularly with overseas investments. But what if your clients met you first in their country (assuming you came out for a tax deductible holiday) and did most of their due diligence on the internet? Cheers David

David

I would say at least one trip out  tio the USA at some point to view the properties you purchased even if some one did meet some one like my self in you country. That coming out and seeing you investments once a year. For me these are the planned trips so far in the different markets.Singapore and Malaysia will be there 4 times this coming year. Australian 4 times London 3 times Kuwait ( brand new market for me so one trip for now)

Talk soon

Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.