All Topics / Overseas Deals / Extend And Pretend Coming To An End

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

Thanks! 

That was pretty clever for somebody to say.  If your the type of guy that is known as the uncle that the kids aren't allowed to sit on his lap, hahaha!  Uncle creeper Knockoff 

I agree there is a lot of truth to what u post Freckle.  U mentioned u invest in PM?  I didn't get an explanation when i asked what the shortened version stood for.

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

nm, u posted on the original thread what u meant 

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    Freckle wrote:
    Kyler wrote:
    She said YES! Who could say no to a charismatic gentleman like myself, ha!

Welcome to world of pain and …. sorry marital bliss. Ignore the twitches.. I've been married for 32 together for 41. The Freckle

Enjoyed both of your all post and this time no arguments.

Congrads Kyler if I understand correctly. When is the wedding.

Freckle wow my parents have been married 40 years now,

I am 39 and my wife and I been together 18 years married this past dec for 16 years.

Glad we can all have some civil conversations ..

Freckle where are you located if you don't mind.

Participant
    @alex-sc
    Freckle wrote:
    I wouldn't describe the US economy as 'premier' far from it. While it may be the worlds biggest by shear size it has substantial problems that by most plausible experts is becoming unfixable. I agree and think we are heading for more problems as our debt is growing. I use my wife's family along with mine. I see alot of people struggling and it looks bleak for most of them.Living pay check to pay check with no saving . Which to be honest is most Americans. Our government is <moderator: delete language> and our media only lets people here what they want to be heard.

When 70% of GDP is government spending, when deficits climb by $1.3T/yr, when total debt and liabilities exceed $200T, when the economy continues to shift towards a low paid service sector economy then you have a basket case of an economy.  This job growth our government talks about is crap. The lower income job bracket Is where I see jobs. While I see alot of friends of  mine all suffer. The open check book our government is running is getting worse and worse. Now the  Iran  situation that scares the hell out of me. We can not afford another war.

All populations are resilient – matter of having to. There's nothing unique about americans. America is a great place and the people like me are proud to be Americans. The swagger we had is now gone we are a troubled nation with ever growing debt and separation between classes. The rich and poor the middle class will no longer exist in my eyes soon.

It's getting to a point where I'm no longer surprised by what poly's and bankers will do to keep the FIAT ponzi scheme going. The longer it goes the worse the medicine will be at the other end. Here's the rub. There's money to be made in corners of any market regardless of the conditions. The challenge is always the right strategy to match the timing coupled with a risk appetite to suit. The current property market throws up opportunities everywhere.  That is true I like Charlotte and tell every one regardless of the current situation real estate is always good for me. It really just  depends on what I am doing and risk reward factor. Risk + strategy = reward and  or heartache just not sure which one . Great point though..

The problem is that this market, along, with all others, will get side swiped by the big correction in coming years. It'll hit different sectors of different markets at different times. How investors manage this will be interesting. I expect to see everything from; it's too hard lets bury our heads in the sand to others with complex hedging strategies. I have no doubt there's a correction coming. Absolutely none at all. Confused on this  last statement

The logic of it is irrefutable in my mind and many others smarter than mine. That's the least of my worries because it's relatively easy to develop a defensive position against it. What really worries me is if the correction is bad enough will it trigger conflict? The war mongers are already beating their drums. I just hope the common sense countering forces can prevail. There's 2 possible outcomes for the US (and other countries). I am hoping you are wrong here but some of this makes complete sense.

They drop the ponzi scheme and let markets correct naturally through default and bankruptcy. Get rid of the debt and get back on a solid footing again could see a reinvigorated US. This could and should be the answer but not feeling to good about that. Outcome 2 is the worst case scenario. The ponzi scheme continues and draws to its natural conclusion – total collapse accompanied by social disorder and loss of control. War could be a real possibility in this case. That could drag on for years.

Note: Historically economic collapse has always ended badly. http://listverse.com/2010/08/10/10-great-financial-collapses-in-history/ If people think there is a magic bullet, an eloquent solution to debt on debt then your deluding yourself. The Pied Piper always gets paid!  I try to be rather optimistic which is hard some days. Looking around me and my immediate circle very few see or hear what you and others are speaking about . Which is the scariest part.

Participant
    @alex-sc
    kylermrice wrote:

Q: Give me your prescription to fix the economy.

A: We have to eat our broccoli for a good period of time. And that means our taxes are going to go up on everybody, not just the rich. It means that we have to stop subsidizing debt by getting a sane set of people back in charge of the Fed, getting interest rates back to some kind of level that reflects the risk of holding debt over time. I think the federal funds rate ought to be 3% or 4%. (It is zero to 0.25%.) I mean, that's normal in an economy with inflation at 2% or 3%.

Like i was saying, we need to cut back and live within our means.  The land of the Fat is over people, lol!  Time to fix the real problem.  I have no debt on my properties and make good money and don't mind paying 35%, would rather be like MItt Romney and pay 15% and gouge the system and act like i could be President.  What a joke.  I'm fairly young and it is my generation that is going to deal with this mess of big federal government and the kings that slowly robbed the poor for more riches. 

Kyler this debt is going to be passed on to many generations to come. I agree with you.I see my staff get taxed more then I do.I don't mind paying more taxes . I just wish our government would shut the check book , stop invading countries , wasting billions on dollars their and justifying .

Participant
    @kylermrice

Thanks Alex, Dec. 29th of this year :D

I'm post more on this tomorrow, you can kick the dead dog on this one for a while.  American saying, might have to explain, lol.

Participant
    @kylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    kylermrice wrote:
    Thanks Alex, Dec. 29th of this year :D

I'm post more on this tomorrow, you can kick the dead dog on this one for a while.  American saying, might have to explain, lol.

Dec 16th was 16 years for me. so good month..
    You up early too.. for me 430am  is clock work my pops was military, So hard habit to break.

Participant
    @kylermrice

man, i'm failing big time on getting the article i want listed, sorry folks hang with me on this.

Report: 22.8 Percent of U.S. Homes Are Underwater

hhmmm, what gives?  well the article i'm talking about is a link at the bottom of the two links i posted.  lol, i need to just go to bed.  Some how the feel good crap is fighting it's way through. 

Participant
    @kylermrice

Nope, insomnia

I will stay up and go through my work day till about 8 this evening and crash till 8 the next morning.

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    Alex wrote:
    Enjoyed both of your all post and this time no arguments..

and i thought we were just having a robust discussion

Kyler wrote:
    I am 39 and my wife and I been together 18 years married this past dec for 16 years

Under the “Old Peoples Rules of Engagement” you can’t dis your elders I’m 55 so what I so goes.

Kyler wrote:
    Glad we can all have some civil conversations .

Dude you’re going soft on me

Kyler wrote:
    .Freckle where are you located if you don't mind

Port Hedland West Australia. The land where the sun shines every day and the flies never rest.

Did you know I’ve probably wasted more time and spent more money killing damn flies in the last 5 years than I care to think about. The West Australian outback fly must be the most persistent, most numerous, most annoying little bugger in insect history.

The Freckle (not me by the way)

Profile photo of worldinvestorworldinvestor
    Participant
    @worldinvestor

Freckle, what investment pond do you play in? Despite what you might think I actually agree with most of what you are saying, the addiction to debt has to stop. It didn't work for the Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe has hardly been an economic powerhouse since the Zim $ was devalued… Interesting times indeed.

You are also my hero, can not wait for this one….. BIG MAN HUG…..

Participant
    @kylermrice

Those are all posts by Alex, not me Freckle

Did you know I've probably wasted more time and spent more money killing damn flies in the last 5 years than I care to think about. The West Australian outback fly must be the most persistent, most numerous, most annoying little bugger in insect history.

The Floridian Vampire mosquito sounds like it could give the fly a run for it's money.  

Participant
    @worldinvestor

Kylemrice
    Busselton in the South West is absolutely shocking in summer can not get rid of those damn flys, you will need a gun…..

Blocked
    @freckle
    Alex SC wrote:
    I try to be rather optimistic which is hard some days. Looking around me and my immediate circle very few see or hear what you and others are speaking about . Which is the scariest part.

Funny you mention that.

I harangue anyone who’s daft enough to hang around long enough about what’s going on in the big wide world. Predictably many just aren’t that interested. But hey! I live in a booming mining community.

I couldn’t find the exact reference but the following will do. Human nature has a tendency to believe in positive information or what one’s belief system judges as fitting within certain parameters based around that belief system.

We have a preference for believing positive information even if its wrong or inaccurate. There are numerous studies of this phenomenon which has a name that currently escapes me.

http://www.emotionalcompetency.com/distortions.htm

and whole list of cognitive biases
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

The Freckle

Blocked
    @freckle
    worldinvestor wrote:
    Freckle, what investment pond do you play in? Despite what you might think I actually agree with most of what you are saying, the addiction to debt has to stop. It didn't work for the Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe has hardly been an economic powerhouse since the Zim $ was devalued… Interesting times indeed.

You are also my hero, can not wait for this one….. BIG MAN HUG…..

You’re starting to scare me man. We don’t do man hugs here amigo. We’re hard arsed outback types. Come that game here and they give you pink shorts to wear. Straight up!!

The Freckle

Participant
    @worldinvestor

Hey Freckle 
    LOL……  Lets not scare the hell out of these blokes, we go a couple of High Fives

Blocked
    @freckle
    worldinvestor wrote:

Hey Freckle 
    LOL……  Lets not scare the hell out of these blokes, we go a couple of High Fives

Calm down WI …. you’ll have me singing the Star Spangled Banner next.

As an aside… Zimbabwe don’t have a currency any more. Being the poorest trillionairs on the planet was not a good look so they adopted the US dollar. That could be a mistake.

The freckle

Profile photo of lawsjslawsjs
    Participant
    @lawsjs

I said devaluing the Zim $ was not good for them. I didn’t say anything about the $US take-up. I bought a pair of $10,000,000,000 Zim notes last time I was in Joh’burg for the sake of posterity. I don’t think the Zim $ I got last time I was in Harare would be worth anything now. The biggest note only had two zero’s:) The street vendors always did a roaring trade in marijuana, I would guess that would be even cheaper now – hard currency???

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.