All Topics / Help Needed! / On the way to 2nd IP and trying to find the right strategy

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of SamAus74SamAus74
    @samaus74

DFT ??? Sorry not sure what you mean….

Sam

Profile photo of Aaron_CAaron_C
    Participant
    @aaron_c

DFT = Discretionary Family Trust.

Profile photo of MenunesMenunes
    @menunes

I’m looking at setting up a family trust at the moment. My husband & I are maxed out in investments & finding it hard to source finance to buy more property due to serviceability of the loans.
    Does anyone know if we may be able to transfer our existing property into the trust to keep everything together, or is it a matter of selling to the trust? I’m still a little confused about how they work…
    Any help/advice/ links would be great as all the sites I have found talk in legal terms and aren’t very helpful! I understand the general idea of it and the basic benefits but am still a little wary as I feel I’m setting everything up’just cos’

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Menunes wrote:
    I'm looking at setting up a family trust at the moment. My husband & I are maxed out in investments & finding it hard to source finance to buy more property due to serviceability of the loans.

Hi there

A trust isn't going to solve your serviceabiltiy issues.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

@menunes

Sorry, half the info I guess… Whole story now!
    Please correct me if any of the below is a naive way of thinking and completely wrong, as I said we are just starting to set this up & want to get it right from the get-go!

My sister & her partner, myself & husband are setting up a company to start investing.
    We each have our personal investments, All existing properties are positively geared, in our case they are of varying risk categories (single units, unit block, single dwelling, holiday rentals) in various spots around Australia.

As a team we are hoping to combine existing personal equity to assist in the purchase of company assets. I was under the impression (again maybe must my ideal…) as we will be guaranteeing the loans of the company rather than personally lending serviceability would be improved. In addition, I understand this is the best way (or at least one of the ways…) to protect your personal assets from your investments.

@menunes
    Jamie M wrote:
    Hi there

A trust isn't going to solve your serviceabiltiy issues.

Cheers

Jamie

Just thought I'd clarify… It's the lenders tests of serviceability not the physical ability to pay the loans…

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.