All Topics / Help Needed! / buying a house near creek or how to identify flood plain

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of investhutinvesthut
    @investhut

Hi All,

I was looking at couple of interested properties in North Wentworthville and I would see a creek couple of streets behind.

did google searches Wentworthville floods etc and found about flooding there in 1980 or even perhaps they are in flood plain.

what are your thoughts about property in Hopkins Street or Mayfield Street in Wenty.

most searches said that it should be fine now and they have Flood Action plan etc.

totally new to this, is it too risky? or I am just doing a lot more research/due diligence.

thanks

investhut

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

I presume your talking about North Wentworthville in NSW??

If so; Parramattta council has a list of houses/street that are flood prone with their associated % – don’t have a direct link for you, but i do have the report and if you do a search on the council’s website for ” Water management / flood studies” you should find your answer there…

If not it will be in the sale contract of the place your thinking of buying, under section 149- Flood prone.

Regards
    Michael

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Mick CMick C
    Participant
    @shape

If the flood ratio if 1:100 or more…then it should be fine.

If it’s less then 1:50- i would do further DD.

Mick C | Shape Home Loans
    http://www.shapehomeloans.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Same Banks. Better Rates. Served With a Passion.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

The best place for reference is the S149 Certificate. If it says not affected or subject to flood you will soon know. Check what your insurer then says.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.