All Topics / Help Needed! / Help understanding the real costs – update on previous questions asked

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of SimkySimky
    @simky

Hi everyone,

Could you please assist me in understanding the REAL costs involved and what you take into consideration for a deal.

Purchase price
    GST
    Closing costs
    Stamp duty
    Gov Charges
    Legals
    Borrowing costs ( does this include iterest paid over the time it takes to develop ?)
    Settlement Adjustments
    Building pest inspectiosn
    soil test
    Service connection
    Repairs
    Sub division cost
    Development cost
    Advertising fees
    Rental on existing property.

So my question is if a cost is EG. $450 purchase price , $250 Build and add on all others where do you find your bottom line ? 

I know I keep asking this but I feel like there is something I have not considered or have I included too much to decide if the project is valid ?

I would be using a professional to help me subdivide the project also.

Thanks 

Simone  

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Simone,

You will get a better answer if you identify which state you are located/investing in. Some of the charges above are state based and vary from state to state.

Profile photo of PISTOREPISTORE
    @pistore

From the sounds of it, you are not a developer, but are looking to do some sort of developing.
    Word of advice, no matter how many numbers we give you to help you figure out your costs, your costs will blow out. I've been in the Real Estate game for almost 20 years, and I would get involved with developing for quids.

Just be VERY careful and it would want to be really worth it to do it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.