All Topics / Overseas Deals / us finance

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Profile photo of mic84tmic84t
    Participant
    @mic84t
    kingsr wrote:
    Hey Mic84t,

Tried sending u a pm but it looks like you're not accepting them. Anyway just wanted to have a chat because im looking to invest in KC soon and just wanted to know your experience. Do you have FB or Skype?

feel free to email me at [email protected]

Profile photo of kylermricekylermrice
    Participant
    @kylermrice

well good luck on the Independence area, i won't buy there cause it ranks as one of the top cities with methamphetamine abuse in united states.  Tweekers are not the type of tenants that i like to have to deal with.  Independence is in the metro area but not Kansas City

the news tries to clean up the image, but the comments of people at the bottom of the article ring the truth

http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/independence-meth-capital/Content?oid=2655680

Profile photo of Texas Cash Cow Investments AustraliaTexas Cash Cow Investments Australia
    Participant
    @texas-cash-cow-investments-australia

Just thought I would clarify a couple of things since my last posting on this topic. I have had lots of questions from posters asking me about the foreign national finance we have for our Dallas & Houston investment homes.

The rate is 5.50% if you want a 3 year ARM. This rate is the floor and is linked to the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate. Conditions built into the loan approval are that the rate can't go up by more then 2% each 3 year reset

For a 5 year ARM the rate is 5.75%….same loan conditions apply.

If the loan amount is over $100K then the loan is amortized over 20 years….less then $100K the loan is amortized over 15 years instead.

We like to get a loan pre-approval in place before you purchase a property. The bank takes around 48 hours to give this and have a pretty simple list of requirements. Contact me if you have any questions or require more information.

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Peter how much down on these loans… Just curious…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

We have just secured a couple of new finance lines with US lenders and maximum lvr is 65%.

Due to the demand we wanted to close a couple of deals and now that we have done this we can slowly open it up publically.

In FL we can still do 70% but in the main it requires 35% deposit.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Texas Cash Cow Investments AustraliaTexas Cash Cow Investments Australia
    Participant
    @texas-cash-cow-investments-australia
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    Peter how much down on these loans… Just curious…

30%

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Agree with Mic's philosophy 100% – viewing an investment property (unless you're a building inspector, electrician, plumber & town planner all rolled into one) is a purely emotional exercise. With a good team, correct and reliable numbers, and a bit of research about the area, there's absolutely no need to – it can even be counter-productive – you start making owner-occupier decisions unconsciously because you "like the place" or don't. The places I like best (investment wise) look their best and worst in spreadsheets, in my humble opinion.

Additionally, when you're rolling large amounts of properties for customers, you better darn well trust and rely on your team, because if you plan to physically accompany every sale in person, onsite, you'd have to clone yourself, I found personally.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of Our adventureOur adventure
    Participant
    @our-adventure
    mic84t wrote:
    sure did, some may think it was risky but i am happy with the team I have and felt confident.  So far so good and I will be there to check it all out soon. 

Hi mic84t,
    Would be interested to hear how this progresses.  If its no secret, did you organise this through a group?  Who?  We are looking at various companies at the moment for the same reason.

Cheers GT

Profile photo of mic84tmic84t
    Participant
    @mic84t
    kylermrice wrote:
    well good luck on the Independence area, i won't buy there cause it ranks as one of the top cities with methamphetamine abuse in united states.  Tweekers are not the type of tenants that i like to have to deal with.  Independence is in the metro area but not Kansas City

the news tries to clean up the image, but the comments of people at the bottom of the article ring the truth

http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/independence-meth-capital/Content?oid=2655680

thanks , but the area i am in is clean!

Profile photo of mic84tmic84t
    Participant
    @mic84t
    Our adventure wrote:
    mic84t wrote:
    sure did, some may think it was risky but i am happy with the team I have and felt confident.  So far so good and I will be there to check it all out soon. 

Hi mic84t,
    Would be interested to hear how this progresses.  If its no secret, did you organise this through a group?  Who?  We are looking at various companies at the moment for the same reason.

Cheers GT

No. I found my self a property inspector and a good local realestate agent. I explained to them what i was looking for and they worked togeather to find the right property's. first step the realestate agent would email me with a list of property's, I would review every property , do the numbers and usually pick 5-10 to look at. they would both select a day to look at these propertys then my inspector would do a report on each of the houses , including photo's  and any pos or neg issues with any certain property. I would then le-ace with both members , we would pick out one or two that were best and put forward offers. I have purchasee one and will be purchasing a second soon.

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

To turn key or not turn key that is the question…..

Shoot its a tough go when your doing it on your own from across the globe…

Of course the price of these homes if you lose all your money its no big deal right.

I really think the inner city US properties can only be successfuly run by those that live and work it.

No way it can work trying to build a so called "team"  but prove me wrong.

At the end of the day we ( the United States of Amercia) love all this cash influx into our HOODS… Lord knows the US investor will not set foot.

JLH

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    To turn key or not turn key that is the question…..

Shoot its a tough go when your doing it on your own from across the globe…

Of course the price of these homes if you lose all your money its no big deal right.

I really think the inner city US properties can only be successfuly run by those that live and work it.

No way it can work trying to build a so called "team"  but prove me wrong.

At the end of the day we ( the United States of Amercia) love all this cash influx into our HOODS… Lord knows the US investor will not set foot.

JLH

I do agree 100 % their is a reason the USA investor already lost out on this hood areas or walked away.. Not this is being pushed off to the next buyer.

Amazing

Alex

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

The way you keep referring to these properties as "hoods" and "war zones" makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside with the most "difficult" of our Japanese tenants. :)))

Just applied for a property that comes with the same tenant, single woman, 37 (my age!) who's been in there since 1992 and has no plan to move anywhere. Came to the big city at 18, got a good job (I guess, although if she can't upgrade from this unit she's not going anywhere there), and never thought to change.

Nice suburb though. In our 'bad' hoods (shift workers, industrial) they don't stick around for longer than 4-6 years usually, unless it's the elderly or government housed – they also stay forever.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Hoods. Every city has them. Need to be there at night or sat…

Profile photo of GreaterKCHomesGreaterKCHomes
    @greaterkchomes
    mic84t wrote:
    kylermrice wrote:
    Curious is to what area code your house is in, hope its not 64130. 

NO, it is 64050. Independence. just a few blocks from harry trumans house.

If it matters just wanted to validate that area. If you are anywhere near the Truman House, your in good shape. Very nice area and can bring some really nice rents..

John

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.