All Topics / Help Needed! / First Property seminar….hmmmm not that impressed.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Profile photo of boogebooge
    Participant
    @booge

Its 28th feb at the Mitcham hotel

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Any idea what time at the Mitcham hotel, and if it is necessary to book?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of boogebooge
    Participant
    @booge

6pm start, booked by replying to the automated email. If u get on the b
    Binvested site I’m sure you could send an email

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

An example of the kind of event that is out there, low key promotion, no upsell and real investors to network with. The most popular segments always are the 'real deals' where investors show the details of their latest project.

http://www.meetup.com/BrisbanePropertyGroup/events/50335982/

Profile photo of Sonya@RenoKingsSonya@RenoKings
    @sonya-renokings

Hi There!
    Sonya from the Reno Kings here – very interested to hear your take on the 7 Killer Property Deals Done Recently event that toured Mackay, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane in Feb and March.
    It is hard to pitch educational information at a large group of people so as to give something of use and interest to both first-time seminar people as well as seasoned seminar attendees and property investors.  Your comments tell me that you're one of the ones we didn't manage to reach!
    We make no apologies that Geoff and Paul are loud, excitable and over-the-top. They are like that in real life!  I've worked with them for several years and it's no joke!  Well, it is when you're trying to get some work done and they're all over the place!  They are down to earth Aussie blokes with a huge amount of information to give to fellow property investors – and those aspiring to achieve financial freedom through property.  They really do have a lot of information to pass on and they try their hardest to relate to different people from different backgrounds and different levels of experience. 
    But I acknowledge that the the event you attended didn't help you or appeal to you and thank you for your honesty.  Did you know about our 100% satisfaction guarantee?  Do contact us directly on 1300 550 656 if you feel you didn't get your money's worth.
    Regards
    Sonya Matthews
    Reno Kings Team

Profile photo of VivyVivy
    @vivy

After spending close to $10k, all up, on seminars … I still haven’t bought my first IP. After the last “bootcamp” I went to (CCorp, cost $6k … and the lunch was RUBBISH!! I know you dont go there for the lunch but some sustainable brain food wouldve been appreciated. Not tiny crusty sandwiches for 3 days.) well after that, I have finally come to my senses and realised my foolishness. Now I just take all the free info I can get. I won’t be spending another $ on any seminars or consultations or so called one-on-one mentoring. I gotta find a way to make it work with the knowledge I’ve gained so far.

They must rake in the money from those seminars. The CCorp bootcamp costing $6k, had to have had 250-300 people attending. Such a rip off! To think you can become a property developer after 3 days training … I feel quite foolish that I believed it.

Profile photo of lila77lila77
    @lila77

After reading this entire post I'm very disappointed that Booge didn't follow up with what Nathan Birches seminar was like. I know this post is old but Booge if you're out there can you do a quick review?

Profile photo of boogebooge
    Participant
    @booge

Got nothing to review sorry, our baby came a bit earlier than expected so i couldn’t go unfortunately. Hopefully there’ll be another.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I went to Nathan's latest talk in Sydney last night.

It was very interesting. He talked about how he got started and how he has made himself the success he is today. He had some of the people that he has helped start their property portfolio talking. He talked about his strategy of buying undermarket with good yield and potential for CG.

Just over half didn't have IP's.
    I would like to hear how some of the newby's viewed it.

Vivy- there are some great people out there that will guide you on your way without having to pay thousands of dollars. Nathan being one of them.

Profile photo of g0biing0biin
    @g0biin

I am quite suprised that the reno kings didnt have anything useful to say. They have taught me some good tips over the years which I have used. However I read them all on their website I didnt go to their seminars. Remember these seinars are setup to give property investors big cash injections to allow them to buy more property.  Example

300 people x $100 = $30 000s. Not bad for four hours work. Nice little deposit for a new property to add to his 26 million ;)

At any rate seminars are usally just to give you an idea of what their boot camp or dvd packs or books are about. More sales. Usally they will give you a few good points but hold most of the cards closly to their chest so they can sell it to you later.

At the end of the day mate if you are worried about losing $100s you are probably looking to get into the wrong industry. To be an investor you have to spend money to make money and spend allot more than $100s.

My advice to you would be to take another $100s and buy yourself a years subscription to a property mag. Read them back to front and you will have infomation over load much better info then any sales seminar.

Profile photo of Pat007Pat007
    @pat007
    Vivy wrote:
    After spending close to $10k, all up, on seminars … I still haven't bought my first IP. After the last "bootcamp" I went to (CCorp, cost $6k … and the lunch was RUBBISH!! I know you dont go there for the lunch but some sustainable brain food wouldve been appreciated. Not tiny crusty sandwiches for 3 days.) well after that, I have finally come to my senses and realised my foolishness. Now I just take all the free info I can get. I won't be spending another $ on any seminars or consultations or so called one-on-one mentoring. I gotta find a way to make it work with the knowledge I've gained so far. They must rake in the money from those seminars. The CCorp bootcamp costing $6k, had to have had 250-300 people attending. Such a rip off! To think you can become a property developer after 3 days training … I feel quite foolish that I believed it.

Quite right, there are a wealth of books in public libraries, video's on youtube, forums for discussion and individuals where all you need to do is ask.

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    Pat007 wrote:
    Vivy wrote:
    After spending close to $10k, all up, on seminars … I still haven't bought my first IP. After the last "bootcamp" I went to (CCorp, cost $6k … and the lunch was RUBBISH!! I know you dont go there for the lunch but some sustainable brain food wouldve been appreciated. Not tiny crusty sandwiches for 3 days.) well after that, I have finally come to my senses and realised my foolishness. Now I just take all the free info I can get. I won't be spending another $ on any seminars or consultations or so called one-on-one mentoring. I gotta find a way to make it work with the knowledge I've gained so far. They must rake in the money from those seminars. The CCorp bootcamp costing $6k, had to have had 250-300 people attending. Such a rip off! To think you can become a property developer after 3 days training … I feel quite foolish that I believed it.

Quite right, there are a wealth of books in public libraries, video's on youtube, forums for discussion and individuals where all you need to do is ask.

So true ,so much information right here at you finger tips. Take advantage of this forum and the internet.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I don't think it's the point of "losing" $100. It's about value for money. Some people thought it was wonderful. There was one couple there who had done the full course 3 times. Now that's crazy. To spend thousands of dollars to learn something can be a good investement but to pay again and again to learn the same thing?
    What's that saying- insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results?

For me it's more about time.

I won't miss $50 but the half a day wasted could have been spent elsewhere.

I'm usually picky about which seminars I attend these days. I was invited to this one by a friend and it was not expensive and reno for profit is my strategy so I thought why not. I don't mind spending money if I am getting some valuable information.
    I do agree that with the internet there is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips but networking with others is the catalyst to launching your property portfolio I think. Well I know it was for me. Before I started meeting with other like minded individuals I thought I was pretty hot stuff with my 2 properties. Then I started feeling inadequate with "only" 2 properties. That was the kick in the butt I needed which sent me on a 2 year spending spree. Retirement here I come.

Profile photo of 79 Stephens1679 Stephens16
    Participant
    @79-stephens16

RE: “Not bad for four hours work”

Its taken them 20 years to get to the knowledge

Profile photo of RichesseRichesse
    @richesse

I have recently attended a meeting on US properties but at the close it was a $2200.00 spend for a three day training seminar on how to make money in the Real Estate Market .. Later that week doing some research found for $249.00 Flipping4Profit  allows you to join a group joint venture and they do all the hard work for you. Just look up flipping4profit on Face Book ..They have many very good deals. 

Profile photo of PEACHYPEACHY
    @peachy

I went to the 'Think and Grow Rich' seminar about two years ago. I must say I enjoyed it and found the hype a bit inspirational. Also took little tid bits here and there from each speaker.

BUT, I made two mistakes…I took my credit card and I took my mum!

On the way in I pre-warned her 'mum what ever you do don't sign up for anything'.

Fast forward to the end of Dominique Grubisa's session and there is my mum saying 'Hurry, get to the back. You would be crazy not to sign up'.

The fear of the financial world collapsing combined with me knowing nothing at all about asset protection won…of course fuelled by my mum telling me I would lose everything if I didn't sign up! I power walked my way to the back and $4000 later I had a piece of paper which we have yet to use and two tickets to a weekend seminar which didn't float our boat.

Oh, and a very angry husband :) You live and you learn.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

When I first decided I should give some serious consideration to investing in property, I went to every free seminar going – and the odd seminar that had a small fee attached. My attitude was that at each one I would either learn one piece of info, or reinforce what I already knew, or by the saturation method change my way of thinking until the idea if investing in property sat comfortably with me. Each seminar plays a part in your growing set of knowledge, and you meet some great new property friends along the way.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.