All Topics / Help Needed! / Cheap investment Unilodge studio caveats ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Henry AdamsHenry Adams
    @henry-adams

Hi All,

I’d like to know what’s your opinion for investing a small 1 bedroom 1 study room studio for the price under $300k

the plus is of course very cheap for a studio unit within 3 KM of Sydney CBD
    th minus is that sharing kitchen and laundry area and no garage makes it cheaper.

I just got an offer from an agent which claims that they have 11 units in stock available today.

Cheers.

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Yeah and there's a reason they have 11 and will always have them available for purchase. Because those that have them know they are going nowhere and want to offload them.

They have hardly gone up ion the last 10 years and the rent quotes is a gross rental figure. Take out all the costs and it's not an attractive yield.

You have been told (on other forums) by at least a dozen experienced investors to walk (sorry RUN) away.

Get over it and look for something that will make you money.

Or not- If you know better- buy one but don't come wingeing when it doesn't go well.

Reminjds me of a person 2 years ago that asked for opinions on an OTP in Parramatta. EVERYONe said it was overpriced but she bought it. Then came on wingeing that what the sellers told her wasn't true.

You can lead a duck to water. . . .

Profile photo of Henry AdamsHenry Adams
    @henry-adams

Hi Catalyst,

Many thanks for the suggestion and advice.
    you are right it is too small and it doesn’t feels right.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.