All Topics / Help Needed! / Placed holding deposit on a unit, need advice! This other unit is above a garbage room. Bad?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of JayDee26JayDee26
    @jaydee26

Hi

I had a choice between two apartments. Both were on level 1.

The first one had a balcony which was facing the park and had a garbage room directly underneath. Its balcony also happens to be connected to the master bedroom.

The second one is not near the garbage room however it is about 20m in internal area smaller than the other unit – it also has a balcony which faces the park. I put the holding deposit in for the smaller unit since it's not near the garbage room.

My main concern for not going for the larger unit was that pests and smell can come however the larger space would have been 'nice' – also just to add the smaller unit has a larger kitchen.

As a question, what would you have done?

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Bought something that wasn't small and wasn't above a garbage room.
    There are a LOT more than 2 units out there.

Profile photo of JayDee26JayDee26
    @jaydee26

^^ You know which one it is?

Your response was somewhat vague.

Participant
    @catalyst

I meant I would have bought something that wasn't small and wasn't above a garbage room. In other words- nit those.

Why did you have to choose between 2 units- both of which were not ideal? There are millions of units- why those?

But if I HAD to have one I'd say the bigger one. You can change lots of things easily but not size.

@jaydee26

Well it's an apartment complex and nothing that's outside the units can be changed. There are not many 3br in this apartment complex – all the other 3br units were either too small or next to other garbage rooms. 

I had to choose between those two units since the others were sold.

But anyways from an investment perspective – would you think getting a unit next to (or in this case, right under the unit's balcony) would turn off tenants/buyers?

Participant
    @catalyst

I'm still perplexed as to why you bought into this complex in the first place. Why would you sign up to buy a unit when you didn't know which one you'd get?

Surely this isn't the only accomodation in your area????

Anyway- are the bins easily seen? I thought you meant they were under your unit. If they are in an area sitting under the balcony I wouldn't want it (as a buyer or a tenant). Have you walked past garbages in units lately?

@jaydee26

Thanks for your opinion about the unit which is above the garbage room.

The unit I boight is no way near the garbage room, its just that the agent mentioned that apartment was apparently very sought after.

Anywaya the reason why I choose this complex is because its close to shops, schools and easy transport.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.