All Topics / Overseas Deals / -=== Please help with buying USA land by UK person. ===-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of superhappyrichman888superhappyrichman888
    @superhappyrichman888

Hello good folks,

I am Eric from UK, London. I would like to buy land in USA. I have looked at this site

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/59_479_acres_in_Lander_County_Nevada-416823/

I would like buy this land and make the following on it:

1. Gun shooting site. (100 meter target shooting range)
    2. paragliding club
    3. dedicate about 30.000 of that land for Natural reserve where nature is undisturbed.

I am UK citizen and dont have USA passport. Can I just call up and buy this land and do as above?

Please advise. Thanks blesses

Eric

Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

Yippee Ky Aye Eric!!!!

Just go ahead and buy it – sight unseen…. great idea. Give me a call when you have the title and I will be the first to come out shooting!

Ian
    http://www.theblockblog.com
    Free Property Investment Info, Tools & Resources for Investors with a Sense of Humour

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

I am sure there are many huge land holdings in OZ like this.

These types of holdings are tradiionaly cattle operations. And the value is usually realted to cow calf carry capacity per acre.

Also note that the acreage is checkerboarded with BLM… (bureau of Land management)  another words US government owned.

this is how the west was divided years ago. With big Timber,, Big railroad, and ranchers owning alternating sections of land.

US land is subdivided nationwide in SEctions   Sections are 640 acres square or 1 mile by 1 mile. And they are located off of the base and meridan lines of a half dozen major monuments in the US.

For instance in the West its the Mt. Diablo Base and Meridian, Mt. Diablo is just 50 miles east of San Fran.

Anyways..

No one is going to pay to go shoot guns on this property too much public land where they can shoot for free.

The only one who buys these kinds of parcels are the super rich…. Like Ted Turner he has bought huge chunks of the US west mainly Montanta and New Mexico… Nevada especially this part is out in the middle of nowwhere there are not a lot of redeming features. 

Save the BURNING MAN festival  ( google that one) and or house's of ill repute and sleazy gambling joints.

for 11 million dollars there are far better trophy properties than this….

<moderator: delete advertising>

I do own a 700 acre tree farm in Oregon and I can tell you timber is a great investment in the US. Of course we bought this parcel in 2001 and will not take a dime off of it until 2021… But we paid 2 mil sold off 10 lots for 1.4 mil and in 2021 when the timber ripens and we can harvest we will pull almost 250k net a year off this property every other year for ever…. Its self sustaining.

The largest owner of timber land in the US Is Warehouser and their number one financer is the insurance company JOHN HANCOCK out of Boston….. This is the basis of almost all of the annuity type investments that insurance companys make.

The Harvard Universtiy endowment also has billions invested in long term debt in Timber lands in the US…. and other parts of the world…

Any ways if you want to look at trophy ranchs send me an email and I will be happy to send you info,, and I doubt this is spruiking
    Up until 2000 I made my living logging timber and buying and selling ranch land.. I love that business.

[email protected]

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    superhappyrichman888 wrote:

Hello good folks,

I am Eric from UK, London. I would like to buy land in USA. I have looked at this site

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/59_479_acres_in_Lander_County_Nevada-416823/

I would like buy this land and make the following on it:

1. Gun shooting site. (100 meter target shooting range)
    2. paragliding club
    3. dedicate about 30.000 of that land for Natural reserve where nature is undisturbed.

I am UK citizen and dont have USA passport. Can I just call up and buy this land and do as above?

Please advise. Thanks blesses

Eric

All sounds great but instead of buying for X amount of dollars why not pay for a trip over and check things out yourself.

Alex

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

To answer your direct questions.

given this location and remoteness yes you can do what you propose..

You could also have a number of legal brothels as well….

Gun range could accomdate those with military grade..

You would want to enquire about cow calf carrying capacity or if you want to go sheep.

there will be wild herd of Horses as well.

<moderator: delete advertising>

[email protected]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.