All Topics / Help Needed! / What to research in regard to body corporate?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ShellTShellT
    Participant
    @shellt

I have been looking for my first IP – a 3 bedroom house requiring a cosmetic reno.  After quite a lot of research I came up with some criteria based on area, budget, features, condition of property etc.  I have been looking for a property now for months and have not found it. 

So now I want to start to research townhouses.  There seems to be a lot to learn.

What should I know about a potential townhouse IP in regard to body corporate?  What questions should I ask?  What should I be careful about?

Thanks
    Shell

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Shell

Easiest thing to do is ask selling agent to provide you with a copy of the minutes of the last Annual Body Corporate meeting as this will give you a lot information in regards to the state of the complex, planned expenditure and also the level of the Bank Account in regards to the Sinking Fund.

Should be a 6/7 page document but will reveal a lot of information.

Any Vendor worth his salt who wants to really sell his property will make this available.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.