All Topics / Help Needed! / Managed Fund to put money away for kids education?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jasosmithjasosmith
    @jasosmith

I have 2 young children and another on the way. I have been putting some money aside in an account to start saving for their education. Can anyone recommend a good managed fund that I could put the money in and keep topping up that will provide good returns with not too many fees.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

i used to put money aside in managed funds, but I really disliked the management fees!!! yuck. It can be so high.

In my personal opinion, I would suggest to put money in Index funds or ETFs instead as the management fees are much lower – that's what I would do

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Alternatively (and depending upon your cashflow tc) you could consider insurance bonds, need to be opened with an initial deposit then you can only add a certain amount annually. As they are for 10 years +, there is no tax payable on interest earned. Definitely worth looking at especially for long term investment horizons.

Profile photo of jasosmithjasosmith
    @jasosmith
    mattsta wrote:
    i used to put money aside in managed funds, but I really disliked the management fees!!! yuck. It can be so high.

In my personal opinion, I would suggest to put money in Index funds or ETFs instead as the management fees are much lower – that's what I would do

Thanks – I will look these up as am not sure what they are. Cheers

Profile photo of jasosmithjasosmith
    @jasosmith
    Scott No Mates wrote:
    Alternatively (and depending upon your cashflow tc) you could consider insurance bonds, need to be opened with an initial deposit then you can only add a certain amount annually. As they are for 10 years +, there is no tax payable on interest earned. Definitely worth looking at especially for long term investment horizons.

Thanks mate – this is interesting too. WIll look into these. My eldest turns three this year but will have 2 younger ones also so its definately a 9+ year plan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.