All Topics / Overseas Deals / 10 Cities Poised for Greatness

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hey all,

I have an article for some entertainment :) http://www.thestreet.com/story/11370864/1/10-cities-poised-for-greatness-in-2012.html

Have you invested in any of these cities? Dont be disappointed if your pick is not on the list haha

Engelo

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of jbelmorejbelmore
    Participant
    @jbelmore

Interesting post thanks Engelo

Cheers

David

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

ahh they're all US cities.
    unfortunately, i haven't invested yet in the US..
    interesting list though, especially the reasons why TheStreet reckons they'll predictably do well for 2012

Profile photo of Alex SCAlex SC
    Participant
    @alex-sc
    engelo10 wrote:
    Hey all,

I have an article for some entertainment :) http://www.thestreet.com/story/11370864/1/10-cities-poised-for-greatness-in-2012.html

Have you invested in any of these cities? Dont be disappointed if your pick is not on the list haha

Engelo

Engelo Yes being my company is located in Charlotte NC , well just below on the SC side . I posted the same information but just about Charlotte part last week.

But good stuff and thanks for helping spread the word about Charlotte NC

Sincerely
    Alex

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

No worries Alex,

I’m happy my Rochester and Tampa is also up there :)

Engelo

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

these reports change with the wind and really mean nothing.

"although they talk of San Jose My birth place in 1956…. San Joe and the SF peninula saw very little price compression.

And I am not sure what houses sell for in OZ I would venture to guess mid pennisula,,,,, cupertino to Palo Alto, Los Altos Menlo park, are as high if not higher than anything in OZ… prices are right at 800 a sq ft and go upwards of 2,000 per square foot. depending on the property and the size of the acreag.

I sold my house in Palo Alto in 1991 for 640k and its was 1100 sq ft. old single story rancher in a 60 by 110 lot… This home today would sell for 1.5 mil plus… or over 1000 a sq ft.  Now compare that to what everyone is buying in the mid west and south east at  20 to 50 bucks a foot and you can see where not only foriegners but US citizens think the costs are super cheap.  Remember it was the Californian that start this Junadra in the first place about 15 years ago.

Participant
    @alex-sc
    jayhinrichs wrote:
    these reports change with the wind and really mean nothing.

"although they talk of San Jose My birth place in 1956…. San Joe and the SF peninula saw very little price compression.

And I am not sure what houses sell for in OZ I would venture to guess mid pennisula,,,,, cupertino to Palo Alto, Los Altos Menlo park, are as high if not higher than anything in OZ… prices are right at 800 a sq ft and go upwards of 2,000 per square foot. depending on the property and the size of the acreag.

I sold my house in Palo Alto in 1991 for 640k and its was 1100 sq ft. old single story rancher in a 60 by 110 lot… This home today would sell for 1.5 mil plus… or over 1000 a sq ft.  Now compare that to what everyone is buying in the mid west and south east at  20 to 50 bucks a foot and you can see where not only foriegners but US citizens think the costs are super cheap.  Remember it was the Californian that start this Junadra in the first place about 15 years ago.

Still good to read and no you are correct these are basically like our news stations in the USA put on what they want you to hear and see. I would agree though with Charlotte hosting the Democratic national convention this will put Charlotte more on the spot light for USA and International clients alike..

Alex

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

While these US cities are poised for greatness, I've just read in recent news that US new-home sales overall were the worst last year.

"The industry slump has kept builders from building, so that the stock of new houses on the market has also fallen to just 157,000 units"

I guess it shows that you should do research on specific US cities, as not all areas are in demand

Participant
    @alex-sc
    mattsta wrote:
    While these US cities are poised for greatness, I've just read in recent news that US new-home sales overall were the worst last year.

"The industry slump has kept builders from building, so that the stock of new houses on the market has also fallen to just 157,000 units"

I guess it shows that you should do research on specific US cities, as not all areas are in demand

New homes are just not  in demand  ( in most markets )right now with so much inventory on the market. All that post did was shine some light on a few positives .After the reality of the down housing market in the USA. Most of this information is always a good read but again just a good read.

Alex

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.