All Topics / General Property / Horsham Property?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of kirbonavichkirbonavich
    @kirbonavich

Whats everyones thoughts?

Profile photo of lbluedentolbluedento
    Participant
    @lbluedento

Was hoping to find some comments here but unfortunately not. I have a block of 4 units in Horsham, bought cheap and good rents with no difficulty finding tenants. There’s always a lot of property for sale in Horsham.

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Now that the drought has broke I cant see anything wrong with it.

Profile photo of Solomon10Solomon10
    Participant
    @solomon10

Doesn't seem too bad a town,i visited there a few months ago. I would think it is more of a cheap entry and potential cash flow area than big capitals gains,though this could be created through some smart dealings there with some due diligence first. Some nice areas around the river with newer housing stock too.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

It doesnt pass my 8pm rule.

Really thats all that needs to be said.

I set these rules because they just seem to work.

The 8pm rule is quite simple .. if there isnt a decent nightlife after 8pm .. there isnt a reason for investing there.

Its actually quite an important rule because the 8pm rule allows for tourism and travellers .. young and the young at heart to indulge.
    And thats very important for the ongoing wellbeing of a modern town. Outside of that .. you'll be getting many generational pastoralists and elderly community representatives. Thats the sign for a dying town .. as it doesnt have the support and ongoing impetus with modern facilities to keep it going.

Rural economies at the moment really dont get the praise .. infrastructure or commitment from the government they should. And Horsham and Stawell are prime results of this. Can it change? Absolutely .. but it needs an ongoing positive trendline to become a worthwhile asset and longer term investment.

Participant
    @lbluedento

I was there last weekend, and while I wasn’t looking for a nightlife I did think the main street was pretty busy at 7:30pm. There were heaps of people at cafes and restaurants, enjoying alfresco dining. Most of them seemed young and dressed up for the evening not just a quick bite. Perhaps things are changing already?

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Why would you invest in Horsham

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Participant
    @solomon10

Cheap entry point,potential positive cashflow, isn't that reason enough to warrant some investigation? What ROI would an investor get putting their money into one of your developments Nigel?

Participant
    @lbluedento
    Solomon10 wrote:
    Cheap entry point,potential positive cashflow, isn't that reason enough to warrant some investigation?

The exact reason we invested Solomon10, sure there are plenty of other places we could invest but for $200K on a 90% loan we manage to get a $600/week return. Not sure I have seen too many of those deals elsewhere, and I have no plans to invest overseas atm.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Clients that invest in our developments make 40% on there money since you are asking. They are all in inner city suburbs of major cities

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Participant
    @solomon10

That is excellent Nigel, stirling effort.

Profile photo of possumpalpossumpal
    @possumpal

Does anyone know what the vacancy rate is?

Thanks

Profile photo of crustycrusty
    Participant
    @crusty
    Nigel Kibel wrote:
    Why would you invest in Horsham

The mines and seperation plant   Nigel .   The projected 1000 jobs created will have a massive  effect to a  town like  Horsham.

Profile photo of NHGNHG
    @nhg

From wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsham,_Victoria

Services and attractions
    Tourism is not a major industry in the city, although it is near the Grampians National Park and the popular rock climbing destination Mount Arapiles. There is a tourist wool factory where it is possible to buy woollen products and view how top quality wool is grown in covered sheds.There is a walk along the Wimmera River, which is restrained by a weir, but the water flow is rather intermittent, due to a drought which also makes the farming industry harder for the farmers.

Horsham Botanic Gardens, located by the Wimmera River, were designed by notable landscape architect William Guilfoyle.

And only $15,000 population. Doesn't quite sound like a hotspot at the moment, and with mining would still be a single industry town???

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

I aint investing in Horsham but I will say that it isn’t a mining town and definitely isn’t a single industry town either.

Profile photo of WadesansomWadesansom
    @wadesansom

I recently purchased a property in Hamilton, nearby to Horsham.

Honestly the infrastructure there is fantastic, there were numerous pubs and stores such as sushi bars and EB games, there are 2 senior football teams and 10 schools including a university.

Did you consider purchasing in Hamilton?

Again this all needs to be related the low purchase price of the property, hence the decision to buy in Regional Victoria

Participant
    @lbluedento

Also has plenty of businesses. There’s Coles, Woolworths and Aldi, Target and K-Mart, Spotlight too. Mc:Donald’s is there too. When we were doing renovations we could easily find all the hardware we needed at the smaller stores – no Bunnings in Horsham. But there are plenty of plumbing supplies and floor covering places. A good selection of cases and restaurants are in the downtown area too. I also noticed a bit of subdivision in the central area and some new housing estates.

Profile photo of WadesansomWadesansom
    @wadesansom

Yeh I couldn't believe when I went there how modern and commercial it was, I was only going down for a look at some cheap properties to think about and before I knew it I'd made an offer!

Hamilton is very much the same I had everything I needed for my repairs and improvements and a few stores to chose from for the tools, materials and supplies.

There are also numerous and diverse restaurants there too.

As opposed to buying a house for tripple the price where I live (mornington peninsula), i am very happy with my choice so far

Profile photo of wheelerwheeler
    @wheeler

Im looking to purchase my first investment property over the next two months and Horsham has come on my radar as well. Its well priced, potential for excellent rental returns, all the amenities required and a resonable sized rural town (15k ppl). As an entry point to property investing it looks like a very good option to me.

Profile photo of kat13kat13
    Participant
    @kat13

I checked out some listings for Horsham as they seem to have some good returns…..but I am a little worried about the listings I have seen, they have the following listed;

This property has been inspected for white ants by Bug ‘R’ Off Pest Busters, an independent qualified pest control company using their termite detection sniffer dog, which gives a 98% strike rate at locating termites as opposed to human pest control which at best runs a 70% success rate.

Does this mean there is an issue with this sort of thing???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.