All Topics / Overseas Deals / Anyone Used USInvest ? Looking at buying US propety through them

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

Great comments there, and oh-so-true. Not sure if we can be classified as a turnkey operator, being buyers' agents but also proxies, who manage the portfolio post-purchase as well – but going off our typical clients' list, these seem to be internationally savvy individuals who live in one country and invest in (usually more than one) other. To expect someone who has 15 properties in 3 different countries, to take a mild example, to perform a hands-on, ongoing search for deals, do the neccessary DD (which requires local knowledge in any case), negotiate the closing conditions AND manage the properties on a regular basis (not to mention exit strategies and implementing those) – is just impossibly ridiculous. If you're saying that no one who lives abroad should invest in any other country unless they plan to physically attend and "do it all" in person I completely disagree. I WOULD agree though, that researching your turnkey operators THOROUGHLY is a must – but once you've done that (financially, legally, existing clients, the works), it's a very good solution for remote investors – particularly those who, wisely, prefer to hedge and diversify their portfolios geographically and socio-economically. As for the price – we're not all ridiculously over-priced, and the amount of time and costly mistakes we can save newbies far, far outweighs the sacrifice of 0.5-2% pre-tax net yield – particularly if we can help you get those nice and safe 10-12% properties as opposed to the risky, nasty 5-9% you might have bought on your own.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Profile photo of stan80stan80
    Participant
    @stan80

I meant wary, not weary. Idiot

Profile photo of stan80stan80
    Participant
    @stan80

I would love to hear from someone that has actually used this company? Anyone please? Probably doesnt count for much coming from me, but preferably someone with more than 10 or 20 posts.

For all you saying be weary of the company, doesnt the fact that theyre expanding into China and Mexico and I think a few other places give them points?

Or that the head honcho guy Lachlan McPherson has been on sky business and the today show give them some credibility.

I know it sounds as though Im defending them, Im not, Im just repeating what their sales rep guy has been telling me.

Anyone please?

Profile photo of A5h13yA5h13y
    Participant
    @a5h13y

From my experience with USInvest I took away two things, the guy on the other end of the phone trying to sign me up to the membership was working on commission and was very pushy and the second thing was when I asked if I could get a live referral from an existing client I never heard back from him.

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Question here

1) If you make the money in US, how do you get the money out of US ?

2) If you do not make money in US, but you want to get out of US market, how do you get out ?

3) what are the cost for simple tax return, change property manager, owner property inspection and transfer money in/out of US ?

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

I had a property manager didn't pass on the rent to me in Sydney.

The property manager company went to bankruptcy.

No one answer the phone, their office close…….

Same country, same city.

It took me about 4 month of searching and bitter arguing to get my hard earned money back.

Question here

Will you get your rent money in the above situation, if different city, different country, different legal system ?

How long will it take for your money back in the above situation in different city, different country, different legal system?

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of gazmatazzgazmatazz
    Participant
    @gazmatazz

Well guys, I hate to play devils advocate but I did A LOT of research. I took close to 8 weeks to decide on which Aussie company wasn't a blatant rip-off and to be blatantly honest, my answer is probably none. Still, I didn't want to go there and do it myself so I went with the company I thought helped me out the most and that was US Invest. I have since bought 3 homes, two in Atlanta and one in Tennessee. (By the way "Facilitator" when you say Tennessee has no population growth and poor jobs statistics I'm not sure where you get that from because its the opposite to the research I did before buying.) I don't know if these guys are good or bad but all of my properties have performed fairly well. The aircon packed up in one of my Atlanta ones but hey, I can't exactly blame them for that.

So far the service I have received from these guys has been better than what I receive from my own property managers back here in QLD. Just saying, don't bag them before you try them as it look to me like 99% of the posters on this forum are in fact their competitors. DYOR thats all…

Gazz

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.