All Topics / Help Needed! / Is there any growth in Adelaide CBD?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of DMBDMB
    @dmb

I've been trying to find stats but am struggling to find anything – probably looking in the wrong places. But is there any growth in property in Adelaide CBD? I would imagine it would be nowhere near as much as places like Sydney, Melbourne because Adelaide is tiny in comparison. There are just a few places I'm pondering about investing in. Right in the CBD you can get (mostly student accommodation) $150k for a 1 bedroom, $200k for 2 bedroom, and $250k for 3 bedrooms. Prices are really cheap and loan repayments low in comparison to the rental returns (slight positive gearing). But just not sure when it comes to selling, it will be worth it.

Profile photo of basbogbasbog
    Participant
    @basbog

Hi

Adelaide is flat like a lot of the country
    A lot of student acc units are very small and banks do not like that as they are one purpose only, so also slower in capital growth
    Have you checked management fees etc are generally high 
    If you could afford a 2 bed unit, rent it to students or anyone and have a much broader market when selling, as to owner occ, investors etc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.