All Topics / Heads Up! / Just Joined Members Alliance

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Profile photo of MaggMagg
    @magg

I have recently spent half a day with members alliance and signed up for a property with them

I found they were on the ball with the area to invest in, and I found myself happy with the house and land package they signed me up for (we live in WA)

Their recommendations as to the growth in the area (Ipswich Queensland seem OK) and They came up with a financial plan for us to pay off our mortgage in less than ten years,

We do have 3 other investment properties and were suffering from limited cash flow and too much debt (credit cards), they persuaded us  to, not sell one of our properties and advised us on other ways to re-structure our cash flow.its early days yet, we are only into the first week and are still getting the paperwork organized, but I will post every time something happens with them.

Does anyone have any experience with them or are already invested in Cunninham Park Laidely Ipswich I would be interested in communicating with someone who may also be in my boat (so to speak)

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Nice first post –

Sorry to be cynical but you don't work for them do you?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of MaggMagg
    @magg

H Terry W
    No I don't work for them I am a customer, its the first week so everything seems to be going fine, I liked their idea's although I have read about the things they have told me.
    My situation is things had gotton away from me and out of control so I really needed help to get back on track, I have a job time poor etc etc and ended up in a mess.
    Each time I deal with them I will post some info, in the hope it helps someone else, or may be some one who is already involved can give me a heads up on what they are about (members Alliance) ?
    Either way I haven't found to much info on them and that's what i am searching for.
    On the other hand the net is a great forum for people to air their views give advice (taken with a pinch of salt) and hopefully get some feed back.
    Some further info:
    the day after our marathon interview the chap who we initially  met us and gave us our first part of the sales pitch, and, who we didn't get to say good bye to, rang me on my mobile and congratulated us on our decision to join,
    nice thought, probably a little bit of sales natter but he's from Queensland and was returning their in the following week, just a coincidence that we signed up for a house and land package in Queensland, time will tell.
    The next time they ring, I'll be giving a blow by blow account for those that are interested.
    all the best

@magg

Well its been almost a week and today I received my first correspondence from Members Alliance " Welcome to etc etc  "
    and a booklet with my plan in it.
    Some heavy reading there but its basically just a booklet of the presentation we had last week.
    Please post if you are a member or have had some previous experience with members alliance
    Thanks  

Profile photo of rachiepachierachiepachie
    @rachiepachie

Hello Marg (and anyone else interested in this topic). I too have recently met with member's alliance and it has overall been a positive experience. I understand the numbers. I have almost bought a property in the same development area: Cunningham Park Laidley Nth Qld (about 45km west of Ipswich). I've been feeling good about it until this afternoon – I feel like I'm making too big a decision too quickly and it all sound very good (too good perhaps?). These feelings aren't because I think that there is any dodgy dealings going on, just bit of cold feet. Anyway I would like to discuss this more if possible with people who are experience and have knowledge in such areas of property investments using what they refer to as "Turn key" investments, negative gearing etc. To my knowledge the strategy is to reduce tax and to take advantage of long term capital growth (not sure how I can be guaranteed that the property will increase in value before I retire?), all geared  for retirement. My understanding is that the  general location is in an area of high population growth (mining, amberly airbase etc). Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks

Profile photo of kristywilson.1@bigpond.com[email protected]
    @kristywilson.1-bigpond.com

Hi my husband and i are dealing with members alliance and would love to know how others are doing further down the track and if they have found the company good to deal with? Yours Kristy

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

haha. All these first time posters who just happened to find this forum and coincidentally have all bought though the same place. WOW!! I'm amazed What a coincidence.

You must think we are a dumb lot. This sort of thing would ensure i NEVER looked at this company. If they need to stoop to this level to get recommendations there must be something wrong.

And that's my heads up.

@magg

Hi catalyst

I defiantly don't work for members Alliance I work in WA, but I agree with your comment people with goals succeed, I actually didn't buy a property with members alliance in the end I pulled out of the deal.

after thinking about it for a while the property I was going to buy is in an area with lots of other vacant land that can be developed, so I went back to the old plan of buying closer to the CBD shops etc.

That said I still thought I was treated pretty fairly by the staff at MA, I just thought I could do better elsewhere.

I started this thread to find out a bit more about Members Alliance, not be their mouthpiece, (not trying to be rude), seems to me that there are a lot of people out there who don't know where to go to find a little more info on these organizations that supply turnkey solutions for investment, for me I am still looking to buy another investment property.   

Hi,
    I also do not work for MA was just looking for more information as i believe that is what a forum is for??? Some more information was all we were looking for. Good Luck Magg we are still in the process of deciding yes or no.

@magg

Hi Kristy
    Keep us updated, at the moment I am trying out one of MA ideas on reducing my tax to pay for my investments but it is not as easy as it looks,
    I have the withholding declaration from the tax office but it still seems like gobbledee gook  to me ? still onwards and upwards I will figure it out, we have a finace broker coming around tomorrow who we have used before to refinance with, see how that goes.
    regards

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Recommend you do a search on Members Alliance. Other people have direct experience with the company and have explained their experiences in some detail. their expereinces might balance all the feel good stories we have here.

Hi Derek, please could you post some links, i am having trouble finding information

regards kristy

@derek
    @derek

No worries – hope it helps

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Magg how much research did you do into this company before agreeing to purchase a significant investment off them? How much will they be paid for selling this property?

There’s plenty of independent opinion and links to further discussion already on this thread.

Profile photo of thelinetheline
    @theline

Hi all I just had a call from member's alliance and I understand now that it is about negative gearing investments.  I have been doing a lot of training with Dymphna Boholt who says that negative gearing is spending $3 to save $1 tax money.  She is very much into positive gearing as that creates income and wealth.  I don't earn enough money for them but I intend to change that.  Don't kid yourself they will be making money somewhere along the line and it is probably in the development of properties etc.  You need to do your own training so you don't get caught out.  I know people who has have lost EVERYTHING to corrupt fiancial advisers and lawyers – trust no one and do your homework people

Profile photo of pigrampigram
    @pigram

hi.We are looking at Members Alliance and have already been to there very involved 4hr session.Please can someone give me their personal opinon on how they found them and if they went through with them

Profile photo of pigrampigram
    @pigram

Hi Kirsty

Did you go through with Members Alliance?

Regards Jo Pigram

@derek
    Magg wrote:

I found myself happy with the house and land package they signed me up for

Hi Magg,

Old post I know – but just re-read this thread after a few days sitting on the sidelines.

Happiness after a few days is not a good measure of a property investment decision. The benefits, or otherwise, will only become apparent after an elapsed period of time. After all, this property is being selected to provide you with cash flow or growth (I suspect it has been sold on growth prospects) and that is the sole measure you should you use.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.